+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Plastic pitches

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    It was a horror tackle and rightly sent off.
    A still does not convey the whole story though and its remiss of you to totally discount the pitch as a potential factor.
    Who's to say on a traditional pitch, that his foot would not have been caught in the puitch increasing the impact of that horror tackle?

Seeing as your on the medical team at Pittodrie, WTF is up with GMS?
    A two footed studs up tackle / lunge and you are still saying that the impact / result of it might have been less severe on Shinnie if it was on grass, each to their own and all that I suppose.

As for GMS, its simple he is just being a fanny

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    A two footed studs up tackle / lunge and you are still saying that the impact / result of it might have been less severe on Shinnie if it was on grass, each to their own and all that I suppose.

As for GMS, its simple he is just being a fanny
    There may have been more give on traditional turf than a poor, dry, in maintained artificial pitch, yes.

Anyway, I simply made a point that we have had an injury on that pitch just a few days ago.
    Fair doo’s on the GMS point

Anyway, I simply made a point that we have had an injury on that pitch just a few days ago.
    Fair doo’s on the GMS point
    Yes we had an injury on an artificial pitch but I think the OP was suggesting that we have not had any injuries purely as a direct result of playing on an artificial surface and the injury to Shinnie on Saturday is clearly not 100% the fault of the pitch it was significantly influenced by a fkn horrific challenge.

As for Shinnie himself, I think we may have seen the last of him in a dons shirt, and despite his failings and running around like a heedless chicken now and again we will for certain miss his influence, his leadership qualities and his commitment to the cause.
    I'm already looking forward to next season fearing the worst

But as always
    SF

It was a horror tackle and rightly sent off.
    A still does not convey the whole story though and its remiss of you to totally discount the pitch as a potential factor.
    Who's to say on a traditional pitch, that his foot would not have been caught in the puitch increasing the impact of that horror tackle?

Seeing as your on the medical team at Pittodrie, WTF is up with GMS?
    GMS, won’t kick a baw again this season.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Not sure if there's been any injuries from one either.
    I believe Shinnie got injured on one on Saturday past
    I've "bolded" out the important part. English isn't your first language is it?

All this talk about boldness is reminding me o ma rising hairline! Stoap it!

Cant be assed trailing through the posts
    . Apologies if said already

Ban them

I cant wait untill they are proved to be carcinogenic.

On my lower league hike i have seen one definate maybe two career enders. Freak accidents

We cam add in Fyvie and Reynolds who got f@cked too

Fitba is for grass. I will never forget the Montrose strikers scream when is leg didnt come with him at Airdrie

Im watching a game in holland now. Yhe pitch is f@cking immaculate. It can be done over winter

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    I've "bolded" out the important part. English isn't your first language is it?
    I don't believe your English is flawless either, oh stalker one.
    I simply don't discredit the impact the artificial pitch may have caused.
    That said, your opinion is to the detriment of the professionals who want rid.

Just reviewed it again.
    There's a good angle showing Shinnies foot dragging on the pitch before Findlay's contact with Shinnie.
    This clearly shows his boot dragging on the surface probably unlikely on a standard pitch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48006426

I don't believe your English is flawless either, oh stalker one.
    I simply don't discredit the impact the artificial pitch may have caused.
    That said, your opinion is to the detriment of the professionals who want rid.
    Just reviewed it again.
    There's a good angle showing Shinnies foot dragging on the pitch before Findlay's contact with Shinnie.
    This clearly shows his boot dragging on the surface probably unlikely on a standard pitch

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/48006426
    You're starting to make less sense than JackJarvis after a 3 day binge. I'm kinda enjoying it though.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast