+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Plastic pitches

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I don't believe your English is flawless either, oh stalker one.
    I simply don't discredit the impact the artificial pitch may have caused.
    That said, your opinion is to the detriment of the professionals who want rid.
    True but I don't make words up like "bolded" and you mean "contrary" not "detriment". Keep it simple and stop being a know-it-all.

The injury was caused by the tackle ya fud. Look at the angle of his boot and how their player has chopped him. Mcinnes could have subbed him and Shinnie could have came off. Decided to o stay on and potentially do himself more of a mischief.

If the pitches are so bad, why are we training on one and plan to have our own one?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    True but I don't make words up like "bolded" and you mean "contrary" not "detriment". Keep it simple and stop being a know-it-all.

The injury was caused by the tackle ya fud. Look at the angle of his boot and how their player has chopped him. Mcinnes could have subbed him and Shinnie could have came off. Decided to o stay on and potentially do himself more of a mischief.

If the pitches are so bad, why are we training on one and plan to have our own one?
    You have different quality of artificial pitches.
    Kilmarnock's was voted 40th out of 42 SPFL pitches. Absolute disgrace this is what our top league is subjected to..

I agree that the tackle caused the injury, but his foot was dragging on the surface before the impact.

It's all opinions, you think it made no difference, I believe it may have been a factor in the injury. If his boot has not dragging along the ground prior to impact, he may have been knocked off his feet, clearing his ankle from being caught under Findlay's weight.
    You're the one making a statement of fact, when clearly you are not fully aware (in my opinion). I'm merely suggesting the pitch MAY have been a factor.
    You should let it go and accept others opinions. I accept yours (even if I believe its incorrect) without having to resort to childishness.

Your correct, he should have went off, that would not have helped either.

Quoting shotgun style à la your good self...

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    You have different quality of artificial pitches.
    Kilmarnock's was voted 40th out of 42 SPFL pitches. Absolute disgrace this is what our top league is subjected to..
    What does their pitch have to do with what ours could be like?

I agree that the tackle caused the injury, but his foot was dragging on the surface before the impact.
    So you agree but disagree at the same time?

It's all opinions, you think it made no difference, I believe it may have been a factor in the injury. If his boot has not dragging along the ground prior to impact, he may have been knocked off his feet, clearing his ankle from being caught under Findlay's weight.
    You're the one making a statement of fact, when clearly you are not fully aware (in my opinion). I'm merely suggesting the pitch MAY have been a factor.
    You should let it go and accept others opinions. I accept yours (even if I believe its incorrect)
    Earlier in the thread you disgregarded blowupsheep's opinion by stating that he wasn't part of the "medical team", albeit in a sarcastic manner. So not sure what the **** you are on about here. You certainly don't accept other people's opinions if it doesn't suit your own. Especially considering you immediately jumped in and attempted to claim I was wrong.

without having to resort to childishness.
    This morning you went on about me "thrapping myself off" over you.

Your correct, he should have went off, that would not have helped either.
    Well...see all other points.

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    You're starting to make less sense than JackJarvis after a 3 day binge. I'm kinda enjoying it though.
    Don’t do binges, always in moderation, anyway, as long as I give some posters ammo to scatter about.......job done.....back on topic, my club train and play all our home games on a very good artificial surface.....it is well maintained......we’ve played on quite a few over the years......some better than others......back home I normally played on red ash pitches.......how times have changed.

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Don’t do binges, always in moderation, anyway, as long as I give some posters ammo to scatter about.......job done.....back on topic, my club train and play all our home games on a very good artificial surface.....it is well maintained......we’ve played on quite a few over the years......some better than others......back home I normally played on red ash pitches.......how times have changed.

SF
    Red ash pitches were good fun Played a fair few times on them with the mouldmaster football of no choice back in the day of school football. These poor wee souls worrying about getting black pellets in their footwear nowadays should have been subjected to a good hard 90 minutes on the red ash pitch with the football that if hit properly would put a bit colour on other’s faces

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Red ash pitches were good fun Played a fair few times on them with the mouldmaster football of no choice back in the day of school football. These poor wee souls worrying about getting black pellets in their footwear nowadays should have been subjected to a good hard 90 minutes on the red ash pitch with the football that if hit properly would put a bit colour on other’s faces
    Indeed, germaline/iodine was the order of the day post match......I would imagine that the best players our country has produced.....honed their ball skills on red ash with the mould master...well, from my neck of the woods anyway

SF

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Indeed, germaline/iodine was the order of the day post match......I would imagine that the best players our country has produced.....honed their ball skills on red ash with the mould master...well, from my neck of the woods anyway

SF
    Where is your neck of the woods? I shared the same school as Alan Hansen and he must have been a participant on the red ash pitch.
    I wonder what ever happened to Hansen now?

Denny boy are you?

My mate ( and ex goalie) Ping went to school with Alan Hansen

You dinna ken Ping do you?

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Where is your neck of the woods? I shared the same school as Alan Hansen and he must have been a participant on the red ash pitch.
    I wonder what ever happened to Hansen now?
    Barrhead (like big red) is he nae as hes an Arthurlie man which came up in conversation before. Somewhere i need to visit as part of my junior quest
    Last edited by Pacman1903; 23-04-2019 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    My mate ( and ex goalie) Ping went to school with Alan Hansen
    Yet not once did the diminutive custodian shout "that's shocking defending" in my direction, when he was entitled to do so.

Many of his best saves were from my crazy attempts at defending inside the penalty area.

He was a great loon.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast