+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Plastic pitches

Plastic pitches

Get one installed in the new plastic out of town Masonic Megadrome shed.

I think we have won every game we have played on a plastic pitch this season. Not sure if there's been any injuries from one either.

We will be training on one anyway.

I believe Shinnie got injured on one on Saturday past

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I believe Shinnie got injured on one on Saturday past
    Maybe so, but that was the result of a pretty bad challenge and not influenced directly as a result of playing on a plastic pitch

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Maybe so, but that was the result of a pretty bad challenge and not influenced directly as a result of playing on a plastic pitch
    Correct that had nothing to do with the pitch

Apologies, did not realise you were part of the medical team.
    Whats the exact diagnosis?
    His ankle injury was not contributed to by his studs getting caught on the pitch then

I thought the pitch on Saturday was horrific. Seen all our games down there over the past few years but Saturday it seemed to be much worse than usual. Do these pitches react to weather?

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    I thought the pitch on Saturday was horrific. Seen all our games down there over the past few years but Saturday it seemed to be much worse than usual. Do these pitches react to weather?
    Yes they do and I understand are a lot worse if not watered.
    The heat on Saturday would definitely impacted the pitch.

Kilmarnock was voted in the bottom 3 of all SPFL pitches by the players

New Douglas Park and Rugby Park coming in the bottom three of all 42 SPFL pitches, as rated by the players.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Apologies, did not realise you were part of the medical team.
    Whats the exact diagnosis?
    His ankle injury was not contributed to by his studs getting caught on the pitch then
    oh deary deary me, here we go again.
    I will just leave this here, a fkn horrific tackle that saw the boy correctly getting sent off and would have been sent off on grass as well, you really canna help yourself can you

Name:  Shinnie.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  65.2 KB

oh deary deary me, here we go again.
    I will just leave this here, a fkn horrific tackle that saw the boy correctly getting sent off and would have been sent off on grass as well, you really canna help yourself can you

Name:  Shinnie.jpg
Views: 627
Size:  65.2 KB
    It was a horror tackle and rightly sent off.
    A still does not convey the whole story though and its remiss of you to totally discount the pitch as a potential factor.
    Who's to say on a traditional pitch, that his foot would not have been caught in the puitch increasing the impact of that horror tackle?

Seeing as your on the medical team at Pittodrie, WTF is up with GMS?

Another point, the little black balls that PacMan pointed out before that apparently are carcinogenic, are there to provide artificial give in the pitch. If not maintained properly, they will impact on the game and potential injuries.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast