+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Crawley Town 22.04.19

With the mood at present, the manager would be questioned whatever team he selected, but I can see the logic in this selection. There were plenty of people saying Enzio wasn't worth his place and it would appear Ardley now agrees, but at least he might be an impact substitute. Clearly we cannot afford to concede lots of goals like we did at Crewe, so hopefully three centre-halves and three midfielders should make us safer (famous last words!), but with two strikers we should still have a chance of grabbing a goal.

To be honest, today shouldn't be about selections and formations. It's going to boil down to whether the players we put on the pitch - whoever they were and however they were arranged - have the determination and guts to get the result we absolutely need. The future of Notts County FC is in their hands.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    With the mood at present, the manager would be questioned whatever team he selected, but I can see the logic in this selection. There were plenty of people saying Enzio wasn't worth his place and it would appear Ardley now agrees, but at least he might be an impact substitute. Clearly we cannot afford to concede lots of goals like we did at Crewe, so hopefully three centre-halves and three midfielders should make us safer (famous last words!), but with two strikers we should still have a chance of grabbing a goal.

To be honest, today shouldn't be about selections and formations. It's going to boil down to whether the players we put on the pitch - whoever they were and however they were arranged - have the determination and guts to get the result we absolutely need. The future of Notts County FC is in their hands.
    More questioned about this line up me thinks

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Yes its odd as it is pretty much certain he was left out due to his contract.

He may have done a Duffy and changed his contract or took the clause out.
    If he's took the contract clause out then it's very annoying that he's left it until now to do it, if there never was a contractual issue then why the f*ck has Ardley not been playing him? Definitely a better option than Barclay

I think we're going to put a lot of crosses in and also rely on freekicks/corners. Let's hope for once Doyle puts some decent balls in. I can see Macc winning today so it's do or die I think.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post

I'm with you on this one jackal. Solid through the middle and push toots & milly up to whip some crosses in.

Whatever has happened to Kellett though? Strange not to see him in the squad for most of the season

Personally, I'm glad to see the change in formation. Also credit to Ardley for dropping Enzio, I still think he can play a role later in the match from the bench if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    If he's took the contract clause out then it's very annoying that he's left it until now to do it, if there never was a contractual issue then why the f*ck has Ardley not been playing him? Definitely a better option than Barclay
    I dont disagree with what you are saying its strange thats for sure.

1 - 0 CMS! Get in.

Blimey - COYP's

Come on!

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast