+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My thoughts for the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Correct..........

Championship play off winners going back nine**** seasons with final league position in brackets:

2017-2018 Fulham (3)

2016-2017 Huddersfield (5)

2015-2016 Hull (4)

2014-2015 Norwich (3)

2013-2014 QPR (4)

2012-2013 Crystal Palace (5)

2011-2012 West Ham (3)

2010-2011 Swansea (3)

20009-2010 Blackpool (6)

2008-2009 Burnley (5)

2007-2008 Hull (3)

2006-2007 Derby (3)

2005-2006 Watford (3)

2004-2005 West Ham (6)

2003-2004 Crystal Palace (6)

2002-2003 Wolves (5)

2001-2002 Blues (5)

2000-2001 Bolton (3)

1999-2000 Ipswich (3)

Teams finishing 3rd = 9

Teams finishing 4th = 2

Teams finishing 5th = 5

Teams finishing 6th = 3

Linked source……

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/25...ship-1999-2000
    The record of teams finishing 4th should be a worry but as I believe it has no bearing whatsoever on how things pan out I just say bring it on. COYB big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    Sick to death of hearing the word momentum. Its like if we don't have momentum that's it. It's all over.
    Last time we were in this position uf memory serves me correctly we won our last league game 7. We then beat the Dogheads twice. Momentum got us nowhere.

Playing the correct team, in the correct formation, playing the correct way. We can beat any of the four teams around us momentum or not.

We are absolutely correct to rest key players.
    100% agreement with that Whicka let the others chase around like headless chickens to continue their momentum (sorry, had to get that word in)...boing boing !!!

Momentum means zip...the play offs are like cup matches to win a trophy. All four teams should want to win it.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Whicka - what would be your best team as feel it will be the same as mine? I am in two minds though to bring in Bond especially next game as Johnstone worries me ****less!
    I would start 3,5,2
    Johnstone
    Dawson Bartlett Hegazi
    Holgate. Brunt, Johansen, Phillips, Gibbs
    Gayle. J Rod

Too late to throw Bond in and Bartlet has looked OK in the middle of the back 3.

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    The record of teams finishing 4th should be a worry but as I believe it has no bearing whatsoever on how things pan out I just say bring it on. COYB big time.
    We went up in the play offs finishing 4th

Weve done it bwfore

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Any of the four teams will be confident of beating each other. With the squad at West Brom - on the day, we should be able to beat anyone if we click! Villa have two/three decent players ie Mings, Grealish and Abraham but the rest are very average at best. Average just like that crap keeper Johnstone we now have!

Chester is very average and an average championship player at best! Lets hope Grealish does not go to ground like a cheating Italian!!!
    Abraham is average. Not in the same league as Gayle

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    I would start 3,5,2
    Johnstone
    Dawson Bartlett Hegazi
    Holgate. Brunt, Johansen, Phillips, Gibbs
    Gayle. J Rod

Too late to throw Bond in and Bartlet has looked OK in the middle of the back 3.
    Not a great Bartley fan but I tend to agree that the balance is better in the format that you suggest so I would go with him as well, ahead of Tosin Ad. I would though prefer to see Harper start as he has so much more energy than the middle 3 of the midfield. Maybe tough on him but I would drop Phillips for Harper.

I'd be happy with Wicka's line up and would definitely play Phillips.

You are right 9goals, it is a myth and I've been proved wrong as the stats show. As far as the side for the play-offs, you're not far off Whicka. I'm not a fan of Bartlett but he does look better in a back three, certainly better that Adarbaouo who is a disaster waiting to happen. As far as the 'keeper is concerned, it's too late to make a change, unless you bring in Myhill of course!

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Interesting that teams finishing 7th never go up.

Wouldn’t want to finish 7th.......!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)