+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My thoughts for the play offs.

Sam Field could man mark Grealish, like he had Dele Ali in his pocket at Wembley.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Interesting that teams finishing 7th never go up.

Wouldn’t want to finish 7th.......!!
    Neither do all the Boro fans up here. They have realised for a while though if you only outscore the bottom 2 clubs plus Stoke then you ain’t going to win enough games to get any higher. They are still hoping though but pity for them Derby’s last game is against us!

Quote Originally Posted by Yarmbaggie View Post
    Not a great Bartley fan but I tend to agree that the balance is better in the format that you suggest so I would go with him as well, ahead of Tosin Ad. I would though prefer to see Harper start as he has so much more energy than the middle 3 of the midfield. Maybe tough on him but I would drop Phillips for Harper.
    My phone spelt Bartley wrong twice in the same post Everytime I try to edit a post it just deletes it.

Anyway if all Bartley has to do is head the ball away and boot it up field then he is the better option.

Quote Originally Posted by Whicka_Mon View Post
    My phone spelt Bartley wrong twice in the same post Everytime I try to edit a post it just deletes it.

Anyway if all Bartley has to do is head the ball away and boot it up field then he is the better option.
    Predictive text is a pain at times and I certainly would not pick you up on it. Can Bartley do some pointing as well Whicka, he seems to like doing that.

I would start 3,5,2
    Johnstone
    Dawson Bartlett Hegazi
    Holgate. Brunt, Johansen, Phillips, Gibbs
    Gayle. J Rod

Too late to throw Bond in and Bartlet has looked OK in the middle of the back 3.

Knew you would say that! That's exactly the team, I would pick. I agree too late to change Johnstone ( shame ) and whilst not keen on Bartley - who else could play in this formation! Phillips can be a match winner in these type of games so best to float between midfield and Gayle and Jay Rod.

100% would not play Livermore but he will and Harper needs to sort his head out so no to him! I can see Shan playing Brunt with Livermore and there would lie the mistake! Sadly, when you are inexperienced manager too similar to DM - here lies another huge problem!

The way to beat Vile is with this formation and attack them and don't sit back - Mings is decent but a lump and their defense is shaky! Attack attack attack and if first game is away - go to win and NOT sit back!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Knew you would say that! That's exactly the team, I would pick. I agree too late to change Johnstone ( shame ) and whilst not keen on Bartley - who else could play in this formation! Phillips can be a match winner in these type of games so best to float between midfield and Gayle and Jay Rod.

100% would not play Livermore but he will and Harper needs to sort his head out so no to him! I can see Shan playing Brunt with Livermore and there would lie the mistake! Sadly, when you are inexperienced manager too similar to DM - here lies another huge problem!

The way to beat Vile is with this formation and attack them and don't sit back - Mings is decent but a lump and their defense is shaky! Attack attack attack and if first game is away - go to win and NOT sit back!
    Teams we have struggled against have done exactly the opposite. If you sit back it is harder to break down. If you attack us then we have the pace and skill with Grealish, Anwar, McGinn, Tammy to counter attack and score.

It’s an obvious statement I know but I think it’s all down to a winning mentality in the play offs. What is each players motivation, money?, new contract?, or are they die hard winners . I’ve only seen a few glimpses of what I call a winning mentality from us all season. It’s like we have never actually got going in some ways, and I’ve lived in hope waiting.

So maybe its two really intense games in quick succession and a winner takes all if you get to the final.
    Which players have the mental toughness and will to win.
    Do we have a midfield that can drive us forward, have good stamina levels and show dogged determination all over the pitch. Create an attack and also defend. Ball winners? No, as Tony Mobray use to say, a balance between artists and soldiers. We don’t have a Mulumbo, Greening or Koren anymore.

Do we have a defence who can work as a unit, stay organised and keep their concentration levels throughout the whole game? Well actually not really, and as for concentration, hopeless all season.

Do we have some natural goal scorers who can win us the game? Yes we do

How about the one player every team needs to win, a top keeper . Oh dear.

What about a leader on the pitch a decent captain? No comment.

There is of course lady luck so let hope we have some.

I would start 3,5,2
    Johnstone
    Dawson Bartlett Hegazi
    Holgate. Brunt, Johansen, Phillips, Gibbs
    Gayle. J Rod

Too late to throw Bond in and Bartlet has looked OK in the middle of the back 3.
    Despite Bartley’s recent improved performance I would prefer Hegazi in the middle and Tosin in for Bartley. (I know the latter is not popular !)

Quote Originally Posted by Prando View Post
    Despite Bartley’s recent improved performance I would prefer Hegazi in the middle and Tosin in for Bartley. (I know the latter is not popular !)
    I would still not be certain to put Bartley with the refreshments team in the distribution of oranges at half time! Hegazi has to play, and he'll be up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Sam Field could man mark Grealish, like he had Dele Ali in his pocket at Wembley.
    The same as Chambers did on Huckerby, jesus, what a shut out that was.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)