+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

Several have mentioned Wood and I have to agree. The main man to blaim for today is unfortunately Paul Warne. Wood and Ajayi at the back doesn't work- ajayi is better in midfield as he can afford to express himself and doesn't have to worry as much about making errors. Wood isn't up to the pace of Championship football.

I heard several people blaim the referee for the loss but he was not the cause. He was poor but Birmingham were the better side and would have won despite the referee's poor performance.

Overall we have not been good enough this season. We are definately relegated now- i'm not bothered whether it's mathematically possible to survive- its not going to happen. I think it would have been a massive challenge for any manager to keep us up. The investment from TS was simply not what was required. I think many of us saw we needed a couple of better quality players in January but they did not arrive. Too many draws mid season is really what cost us when at least two or three of those needed to be wins for us to stay up.

We'll still be here next season, UTM!

Been to the game. We played quite well first half but Vaulks missed a sitter that should have made it 2-0 after about 33 minutes. Then it was like a re-run of the same old film - ie sat too deep, only tactic being hoofing it up to Smithy. Wood looked too slow, not much pace in the rest of the team either. B'ham stepped up a gear (and they were nothing great) and we couldn't cope. Very poor passing and holding of possession by the Millers in the second half and we hardly even had shot at goal. There were a couple of goalmouth scrambles at the B'ham end but we never looked like putting the ball in their net. Couldn't blame Rodak for the goals conceded with B'ham players being given a free run at goal by our midfield and defence. We can compete for about 45 minutes in a typical game - team just not good enough really.Thought Crooks was probably our best player today
    Last edited by mikemiller; 22-04-2019 at 04:50 PM.

We've had more than enough chances this season against average teams and thrown it away, today being a good example of this. A change in tranfer policy at the club needed, this good honest group b@llocks, it doesn't matter if all the team get on or not. We've not had the right attitude to do what it takes to win games.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    I find it almost amusing that posters on the Matchthread - posters btw like CT and Frog that I admire - are not concerned with the reality but rather have decided to switch off because they can't handle people pointing out the reality. Wendun, IBS, Kempo and Uncle Tom Cobley did not get RUFC relegated although some of the MM sh*tbrains will try and argue we did. The decisions of the chairman and the manager got RUFC relegated. The bizarre Warne love-in can have nothing to do with his performances which have been pathetic but purely to do with the misguided die-hards identification of him as a true Miller. If he had been any other manager these same posters would have been screaming for his sacking.
    We can't always mean what we say. But we are realistic in that we don't want to read the same comments of I told you so by people who have been saying the same thing all season. Or at least those who have had the balls to say it all season and not just at the end of it when it suits popularity.

Sometimes having a quiet period helps reflect folk get over what has been a disaster of a game.

As much dislike people have for those who are are in favour of the way things are going with the clubon the other side of the coin thare are those who dislike those who are constantly banging on about how bad things are.

Everyone who is a member of this board has a right to say what they want. I like to debate what's said, have my say but I very rarely argue with the personality.

It’s the hope that gets you though. Unfortunately I don’t think Millwall will need another point. I think it’s a game or two too far for our small squad.
    It’s not even about if only really because we must be top of the league for the number of games we have lost or not won from winning positions.

Not even criticising that though because two teams have finished below us. We haven’t got the in depth quality that others with their much larger budgets have.
    Sadly all that is ignored. Very close but no cigar.

Also the issues from last season were not addressed. Non league defending, giving the ball away far too often and and a Keeper that disappears onto his line all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ALL on Richard Wood? Get a grip. Ajayi was just as pants so either could have and should have been subbed.

Hang on though.....why did Warne drop both Ike and Robertson and use a player who simply was not fast enough for this game today and moreover, a player who for me has played atrocious for the last three home games and was lucky not to be sent off at Swansea?

The 'love child' Newell' played his usual sub standard game but still got a start.....why?

Totally wrong tactics for today........over to you Paul Warne!
    I think you called it regarding Newell before the kick off but Williams isn't a Championship player or at least today he wasn't. The only time he could have fallen down and won us a penalty he did well to stay on his feet and we scored from it.

The second halve we lost the centre of the park completely.

Everyone did something well at least once today but only once.

I mentioned the referee in the Matchthread and how I long for a good one to referee well for 90 minutes.

What was all the scrap about in the north stand. The stewards were very slow to sort it out and only a frail old steward made an attempt to sort it while the young UN's just looked on. Eventually a bigger bloke turned up but just told those who weremoaning about their lack of reaction to shut up.

I assume it was a blame warney/ players/ TS argment

Quote Originally Posted by Amanda_Hugg_n_Kiss View Post
    We've had more than enough chances this season against average teams and thrown it away, today being a good example of this. A change in tranfer policy at the club needed, this good honest group b@llocks, it doesn't matter if all the team get on or not. We've not had the right attitude to do what it takes to win games.

Amanda careful, you'll upset the 'happy class' of Warne talking like that. It's nice to be loved by your Manager as a good human being and not have any past history , I thought you knew that.

As regards the match we can't go on not being able to withstand any sort of pressure from the opposition. We really have to be better defensively including in div 1 next year. I love warney but he really needs a bit of defensive nouse. If we were banging in goals left right and centre we could get way with outscoring the opposition but we ain't.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast