+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    gm_gm, neither am I defending Wood, as he has clearly reached his twighlight years as a player but, IBS seems to want to point the finger just at him, like HE cost us the overall game.

I totally agree that Wood is not fast enough for this level of football and his clearances were not to his best today but, his wages are paid by RUFC and if chosen to play, simply cannot say, 'No thanks Boss but they're too fast for me'.
    When did I say it was all Richard Wood's fault?

I said " I told you so" referring to my previous comments about Wood. I have said repeatedly that Wood is not good enough for this level and that chicken would come home to roost one day. That day was today.

The main reason we went down was because Tony Stewart didn't give us the opportunity to do so, by not investing in the transfer market.

What makes it more bizarre Brin, is that I posted my opinion on why we went down, about under investment, a week ago and you replied agreeing to it ( it was the Blow Monkey's "it didn't have to be this way" post)

So calm down. I am not blaming Wood for our relegation. I am pointing out that he is not good enough at this level. Today answered that question beyond all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I don't want to say "I told you so"
    Of course you don't

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Best be a good excuse why Wood was on pitch
    Davis
    @paulm_davis
    ·
    33m
    #rufc boss Paul Warne changed his centre-half pairing because he thought his team had been conceding too many goals despite playing well. Thought Wood would be the best player to handle Blues striker Jutkiewicz. No need for Ajayi as holding mid as Millers committed to attacking.

could have left Robertson or Ihiekwe on INSTEAD of Wood

Start of the season I thought us, Bolton and Birmingham would go down and barring a miracle I got two of those right.

Wrong about Brum though, without that deduction they'd have been mid-table.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    We can't always mean what we say. But we are realistic in that we don't want to read the same comments of I told you so by people who have been saying the same thing all season. Or at least those who have had the balls to say it all season and not just at the end of it when it suits popularity.

Sometimes having a quiet period helps reflect folk get over what has been a disaster of a game.

As much dislike people have for those who are are in favour of the way things are going with the clubon the other side of the coin thare are those who dislike those who are constantly banging on about how bad things are.

Everyone who is a member of this board has a right to say what they want. I like to debate what's said, have my say but I very rarely argue with the personality.
    My dear Frog, nothing I have posted has been aimed at you or any poster. I have tried to explain that my comments have been an attempted corrective against what I see has completely unsupported enthusiasm for the performance of the chairman and the fitness coach (aka manager, scout troop leader and all round good egg). You say you are bored with this (my) negativity well let me say I am really, really bored with the constant excuses trotted out on here; the ref was biased, the linesmen were biased, the opponents are all cheats, the EPL are conspiring to get "little Rotherham" relegated etc, etc. This kind of sh*t really pisses me off but most MM members lap it up so I let it go. The truth is we blew it because the chairman didn't want to invest and the manager couldn't hack it. I've had 54 years of this crap and am getting bored. Good luck to Wigan and our other rivals who rose to the occasion while we simply floundered and sank.

Hey lads, thats a tough one isnt it against Brum and I think that does almost finally seal your fate today, for this season.
    So the last 2 games are West Brom away, and Middlesbrough at home... so can you really get 4 or 6 points from those two games ?.

Quote Originally Posted by wendun View Post
    My dear Frog, nothing I have posted has been aimed at you or any poster. I have tried to explain that my comments have been an attempted corrective against what I see has completely unsupported enthusiasm for the performance of the chairman and the fitness coach (aka manager, scout troop leader and all round good egg). You say you are bored with this (my) negativity well let me say I am really, really bored with the constant excuses trotted out on here; the ref was biased, the linesmen were biased, the opponents are all cheats, the EPL are conspiring to get "little Rotherham" relegated etc, etc. This kind of sh*t really pisses me off but most MM members lap it up so I let it go. The truth is we blew it because the chairman didn't want to invest and the manager couldn't hack it. I've had 54 years of this crap and am getting bored. Good luck to Wigan and our other rivals who rose to the occasion while we simply floundered and sank.
    I couldn't agree more, wendun.

33m
    #rufc boss Paul Warne changed his centre-half pairing because he thought his team had been conceding too many goals despite playing well. Thought Wood would be the best player to handle Blues striker Jutkiewicz. No need for Ajayi as holding mid as Millers committed to attacking.

Well Warne has come out with some real Mike Bassett humdinger quotes this season but that little gem takes the prize

Team selection wrong, team set up wrong, substitutes wrong

Yet Wood takes the flak.

But hey, in some fans eyes Warne is off limits for criticism.

Been to the game today. Good first half then didn't turn up for second half. We are all but down. But never mind I don't get get upset bout football now there are more important things in life. I will be there next season has will my daughter my cousin and my mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Hey lads, thats a tough one isnt it against Brum and I think that does almost finally seal your fate today, for this season.
    So the last 2 games are West Brom away, and Middlesbrough at home... so can you really get 4 or 6 points from those two games ?.
    Brum weren't all that good . We had 54% possession, and we had 9 shots, but only one was on target (and it went in!). In a game that we had to win, one shot on target in the whole match was poor, but wastefulness fairly in character with our whole season, except today was even worse than usual. Disappointing, on a day when we had to give it the full throttle and take our chances
    Last edited by mikemiller; 22-04-2019 at 06:04 PM.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast