+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

We lost to a poor side today but then again any tram in this division is capable of knocking 3 or 4 easy goals in. They gave it everything and ca.e up well short

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    I don't want to say "I told you so"

Richard Wood

ALL on Richard Wood? Get a grip. Ajayi was just as pants so either could have and should have been subbed.

Hang on though.....why did Warne drop both Ike and Robertson and use a player who simply was not fast enough for this game today and moreover, a player who for me has played atrocious for the last three home games and was lucky not to be sent off at Swansea?

The 'love child' Newell' played his usual sub standard game but still got a start.....why?

Totally wrong tactics for today........over to you Paul Warne!

When we go 1 up and then sit back 10 metres we generally don't end up winning.

Very strange that we keep playing this ****ing **** tactic.

Did we actually look like a team that wanted to stay in this division? Answer is no. There are teams who have gone down in the past I.e. Burton who put up more of a fight than us and have had no money just like us.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Just saw the ref counting his winnings in Ladbrokes
    How can you blame the ref for our inept tactics and effort in the second half? laughable.....

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    ALL on Richard Wood? Get a grip. Ajayi was just as pants so either could have and should have been subbed.

Hang on though.....why did Warne drop both Ike and Robertson and use a player who simply was not fast enough for this game today and moreover, a player who for me has played atrocious for the last three home games and was lucky not to be sent off at Swansea?

The 'love child' Newell' played his usual sub standard game but still got a start.....why?

Ajayi had a decent game and is comfortable at this level.

Wood has never been comfortable at this level and should never play again. His career is well and truly over.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post

Brin I love woody but he was way out of his depth today, looked more like a pub player.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    Brin I love woody but he was way out of his depth today, looked more like a pub player.
    Warne's team selection at fault though, he should have known he'd struggle against Birmingham's pace up front.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Ajayi had a decent game and is comfortable at this level.

Wood has never been comfortable at this level and should never play again. His career is well and truly over.
    'Ajayi had a decent game'? A 4/10 at best, again most of his passing was wayward and to anywhere. He just hoofed it away. His threepenny bit head faired no better and once again had to succumb to fouling as he was totally outclassed AT THIS LEVEL.

What happened there is we had to play 2 games in 48 hours and didn't have the strength in depth to make it work. I'm more optimistic than some others about our chances in league one. Think we have a sound basis for a good league one team - better than last time we went down - and the only one of the predicted leavers to bother me is Vaulkes.

Quote Originally Posted by gm_gm View Post
    gm_gm, neither am I defending Wood, as he has clearly reached his twighlight years as a player but, IBS seems to want to point the finger just at him, like HE cost us the overall game.

I totally agree that Wood is not fast enough for this level of football and his clearances were not to his best today but, his wages are paid by RUFC and if chosen to play, simply cannot say, 'No thanks Boss but they're too fast for me'.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast