+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Remember Bury 2006?

Remember Bury 2006?

One of my first matches at Notts was a 2-2 draw with Bury when we stayed up by the skin of our teeth. With the way things are going I think we could stay up in similar circumstances, if we do I really hope lessons are learnt and implanted otherwise ten years from now we will be having the same conversation.

Think we will need to win both our games. Macclesfield have a poor Cambridge last up

Yeah,fecking horrendous.Were 2-0 at one time I think

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Think we will need to win both our games. Macclesfield have a poor Cambridge last up
    Yeah Port Vale and Cambridge for them, can see them getting points from both.

Port Vale got a good point today @ Franchise & have picked up since the Notts game

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Yeah,fecking horrendous.Were 2-0 at one time I think
    Yeah, with ten minutes to go. Everyone was singing 'you're not worthy to wear the shirt'. 10 minutes, later and a Baudet penalty and we were all singing their praises, getting on the pitch etc. Time we learnt...

Wasn't Schmeichel in goal for Bury unless my memory playing tricks on me?
    I think that the games that we have left this season are harder than the two we had left then,we've had plenty of opportunities to climb out of the bottom two in the past few weeks but haven't taken them,one win for Macclesfield and it's all over

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    Yeah, with ten minutes to go. Everyone was singing 'you're not worthy to wear the shirt'. 10 minutes, later and a Baudet penalty and we were all singing their praises, getting on the pitch etc. Time we learnt...
    Time we learn not to celebrate failure. That was an awful season. We would have stayed up even if we had lost though.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Port Vale got a good point today @ Franchise & have picked up since the Notts game
    Playing Notts gives every team a boost