+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: i've thought long and hard about this: Warne has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    idiotb_stardson not trolling this time I don't think.

I agree, I haven't enjoyed a lot of this season because of the type of football we play.
    Great fire I never Troll. I am a fire starter and sometimes I might express an opinion that might seem that way but my only intention is to provoke a healthy debate. I don't get this right on many occasions but I think I have stimulated some very good threads on this site. You win some you lose some but I don't intend to troll.

I agree with IBS when it comes to braking the Ronnie Moore mould let’s face it footballs moved on but at same time to do this would need a complete overhaul on our squad and we don’t have money or a chairman who will allow that. Best football I saw from our side was when we played 3 at back and used the wingers to reinforce defence and attack, I don’t think warne could keep doing it due to injuries though. My neighbour (the cheap sod) says we need to get rid of half our squad every season problem is I tell him we don’t have the money to do that and it’s same here IBS we don’t have the money and unless we increase our money by a third we won’t ever have a chance in championship and we will eventually not have a chance in league 1 (with way money’s going I mean)

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I agree with IBS when it comes to braking the Ronnie Moore mould let’s face it footballs moved on but at same time to do this would need a complete overhaul on our squad and we don’t have money or a chairman who will allow that. Best football I saw from our side was when we played 3 at back and used the wingers to reinforce defence and attack, I don’t think warne could keep doing it due to injuries though. My neighbour (the cheap sod) says we need to get rid of half our squad every season problem is I tell him we don’t have the money to do that and it’s same here IBS we don’t have the money and unless we increase our money by a third we won’t ever have a chance in championship and we will eventually not have a chance in league 1 (with way money’s going I mean)
    I accept your point Silly about the money. It is a problem.

I have been trying to find an amazing internet article I read a few years ago about Football clubs, who were either owned by the supporters or who had created supporter-led investment. It was quite encouraging. These were not all big clubs but modest ones like ours, all over the world.

If I find it I will put up a link but i have not managed to find it so far.

I think we do need extra help. I have got a feeling that will have to come from us in some shape or form.

Just out of interest IBS
    How much are you willing to put in?

Genuine question

Quote Originally Posted by Back of the net View Post
    Just out of interest IBS
    How much are you willing to put in?

Genuine question
    I can't put a large lump sum in but I would be willing to put in £40 a month to be part of a supporters group.

In theory the extra funds would help however I’m not sure how this would work?

What kind of say would the supporters have on transfers or the choice of manager for example?
    Having said that I would personally be willing to commit if I thought it would work.

What kind of say would the supporters have on transfers or the choice of manager for example?
    Having said that I would personally be willing to commit if I thought it would work.
    I think there would have to a lot of discussion BOTN. I am sure amongst our fanbase there are supporters with ideas about this sort of thing.

This could also have benefits for the town. I don't know but maybe a volunteer run supporters club bar, that sort of thing. If people don't have spare money they might have spare time or skills to donate to generate money.

If memory serves me right Wendun, had some ideas but unfortunately got shot down for them. I honestly can't remember the content of his proposal but at least it could have been a starting point.

I dread to think what would happen if supporters picked transfers it would be 2 midfields and 7 strikers some people don’t have a clue and think a striker should be a goalie and a ball boy as well. Come on we all know at least 1 person who wanted semi up top.

Picking manager should go to fans as a poll on a supporters group website once it’s narrowed down to 3 (like a election) each could post a bit about what they want to do with club.

I think it could work if fans and chairman got behind it

You could even offer different levels of membership depending on how much time and money people put in. With a reward scheme

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    Great fire I never Troll. I am a fire starter and sometimes I might express an opinion that might seem that way but my only intention is to provoke a healthy debate. I don't get this right on many occasions but I think I have stimulated some very good threads on this site. You win some you lose some but I don't intend to troll.
    What would you say to Mr Kerr who has you down as a certain troll?!

Deck of cards, a natural order, King, Queen, and Jack, in our deck it’s Stewart, Warne and League 1

Our temporary moves to the Championship being the joker.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast