+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ardley off his cooler box!!

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    He didnt ask for Barclay to get sent off and if you listen to his interview that changed everything which I agree with. He isnt good enough to manage Notts but he is trying his best. We have no choice but to back him.
    Going in for a tackle like Barclay did,totally irrational made me think of nothing more than intentional...
    Gets paid,hasn’t got to play another game for notts,and bugger your chances of survival...
    I couldn’t think of anything else when it happened..
    All about opinions but I bet I’m not an acorn falling far from the oak tree

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    He didnt ask for Barclay to get sent off and if you listen to his interview that changed everything which I agree with. He isnt good enough to manage Notts but he is trying his best. We have no choice but to back him.
    I agree, you can't blame Ardley for Barclay losing his head. But you can blame Ardley for starting with three inexperienced centre backs. It was pointed out on here before that game that that was risky, and also by Charlie and Stall on radio Notts. Of course he can't have foreseen what would happen, but that's exactly the kind of thing young pros do. Just like Schofield's brain fart against Carlisle.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    Going in for a tackle like Barclay did,totally irrational made me think of nothing more than intentional...
    Gets paid,hasn’t got to play another game for notts,and bugger your chances of survival...
    Nah, I doubt it. It would have been easier to 'pull up' with something before the game than deliberately get sent off. You could see from his reaction that it wasn't planned. His thought process was like this:

I'm going to go in with two feet here. That'll be a good idea.
    Oh whoops, I shouldn't have gone in with two feet there. That was a bad idea.

Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I agree, you can't blame Ardley for Barclay losing his head. But you can blame Ardley for starting with three inexperienced centre backs. It was pointed out on here before that game that that was risky, and also by Charlie and Stall on radio Notts. Of course he can't have foreseen what would happen, but that's exactly the kind of thing young pros do. Just like Schofield's brain fart against Carlisle.
    I'm not sure Ardley's recruitment in Jan was actually that good. Young keeper and centre halves, no big lad up front which we have desperately needed all season, midfield in fairness, he did get right tho. Tried his best tho. Kept the training bubbly, all the lads had smiles on their faces and fought like tigers in every single defeat this season.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Mac pie View Post
    He'd have nothing to gain by that though, Brighton pay his wages regardless and we pay Brighton for him, why at this point in his career he'd rather have his feet up I have no idea but as someone else said he have just pulled a sicky.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123