+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Norridge away

Norridge away

Bit o pressure on em, we have four wins on the trot and full of confidence. They have the world and his brother to play for. Sombreros versus gut wrenching stomach cramps could mean a result for us.

You could be right
    Still fancy Norwich to just pip us but on our form who knows.

Nervy times for some of the clubs at the top. I've just had an email from my cousin who follows Bristol City everywhere.
    He said they looked very jittery for 20 minutes against Wednesday, and - although they played well after that - couldn't recover. (He also said that Bannan was excellent for SW).
    Rotherham look doomed now, which is a shame. Ironic that 46 points is going to be enough for survival this season, considering we went down with 51!
    Norwich are guaranteed a PL spot now, despite four draws in a row. Unfortunately, that probably means the tension will be lifted against us.
    I reckon this could be high-scoring, but I'll hold back on a prediction for now.
    I'm hoping that by the time Swansea visit for the final game, their chance of a play-off place will be gone. That should provide ANOTHER tension-free match.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Nervy times for some of the clubs at the top. I've just had an email from my cousin who follows Bristol City everywhere.
    He said they looked very jittery for 20 minutes against Wednesday, and - although they played well after that - couldn't recover. (He also said that Bannan was excellent for SW).
    Rotherham look doomed now, which is a shame. Ironic that 46 points is going to be enough for survival this season, considering we went down with 51!
    Norwich are guaranteed a PL spot now, despite four draws in a row. Unfortunately, that probably means the tension will be lifted against us.
    I reckon this could be high-scoring, but I'll hold back on a prediction for now.
    I'm hoping that by the time Swansea visit for the final game, their chance of a play-off place will be gone. That should provide ANOTHER tension-free match.

Bannan is the exact type we desperately need for next season. And their keeper Westwood. Both would be perfect for what we need. Them and Bauer. We have been monitoring Bannan for quite a while. TM wanted him last summer.

I reckon Bannan would be 4-5 million, Champs.
    Would he consider Rovers an upwards move, anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I reckon Bannan would be 4-5 million, Champs.
    Would he consider Rovers an upwards move, anyway?
    Absolutely!! If we are serious, and I do still think we are, then he is a must. Him and Travis in midfield would be one of the best around in the league. TM knows had we not had an indifferent run, we would have comfortably made the play offs. Fair enough, it was a season ahead of schedule. But we all know there is absolutely nothing to choose between us, and the sides ending up in the play offs. Just a couple of wins. And that was with a mostly Div1 side.
    Add some of these excellent youngsters in, alongside some real quality and we should be storming this league next season. Nothing to fear at all.

Here's one to really throw the cat amongst the pigeons. Maupay at Brentford.
    If we got the money from India and went for him, he'd cost us a tidy packet but he would be the key to getting us up.
    We'd recoup that straight back the following season in TV money. So why not really go for it?
    That's what the club are currently looking at. That level of signing. With the likes of Bannan.
    A serious £20m spent in the right area's and we would be a serious contender.
    We are a bigger club than Wednesday. We have a bigger history and are still considered one of the big sides of this division. And if he saw excellent signings coming in, then he'd jump at it I think.

There is absolutely no reason at all to not go for it next year. We have planned for this. And bided our time. And will end the season as one of the best sides in it. We do have money. Shed loads of it. Much more than say Sheff Wed. And none of the sides coming down are anything to worry about, even considering the TV money they will get. What we do want, and will happen, if Villa go up. That will be better for us next season.

I have to be honest champs I am not comfortable with the boom and bust approach.
    We are literally 5-7 million away from hitting the magic 39 million limit(FFP)
    However at least half of the championship is on the verge of doing the same.
    My question is will they suffer the same punishments as Birmingham or will a blind eye be turned?
    The football league is very aware but because the vague finances of some teams are ok then no problem with them.
    Back to some of the players you mentioned
    Do we need this playmaker mentioned?
    Rodwell has looked class alongside Travis maybe a improved contract would be a cheaper alternative
    Of course we are unaware if he is a bad apple in the camp.
    I would of thought if he was Mowbray would not play him quality or not he would not risk the harmony of the camp.
    A good right and left back along with a decent centre back and we are looking good
    Would love a decent forward to help Graham when he tires.
    Bannan and maupay are great players but do we have that cash to spend FREELY.

Back to FFP
    Does anyone know over a 3 year time scale for 39 million,is it reset after 3 years or on a rolling basis?
    Like everything in the football headquarters it's all a bit vague and one rule for one and one for another.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    I have to be honest champs I am not comfortable with the boom and bust approach.
    We are literally 5-7 million away from hitting the magic 39 million limit(FFP)
    However at least half of the championship is on the verge of doing the same.
    My question is will they suffer the same punishments as Birmingham or will a blind eye be turned?
    The football league is very aware but because the vague finances of some teams are ok then no problem with them.
    Back to some of the players you mentioned
    Do we need this playmaker mentioned?
    Rodwell has looked class alongside Travis maybe a improved contract would be a cheaper alternative
    Of course we are unaware if he is a bad apple in the camp.
    I would of thought if he was Mowbray would not play him quality or not he would not risk the harmony of the camp.
    A good right and left back along with a decent centre back and we are looking good
    Would love a decent forward to help Graham when he tires.
    Bannan and maupay are great players but do we have that cash to spend FREELY.
    That's the thing. Stick or twist? That's what we need to think about. We do have money, and it's a big leap of faith. Do we go for it?
    The consequences are big, but then the stakes are high. Get up, none of this FFP is an issue. This is not a league we should be fearful of is what I'm suggesting. Having seen it with a squad like ours, I think overall we have a very solid base to build from. Win win with Dack. If he goes, we'll go and get decent plsyers in to replace him. I don't think he will now. He is fully aware of the young players coming through here. A few signings ....and I just think we'd storm this league next season. But we would have to spend quite a bit.
    I think Mowbray is doing right by Rodwell in playing him now. He just isntthe answer over a full season. Not in CM. A few games here & there. And yes, he looks assured. Over a sustained period, he's not for me. And will be on very good no at.
    Same with Mulgrew. We need to move the likes of him on now, like Smallwood. That's if we are serious. And are willing to take a bit of a risk. We do have the ££. Venkys 8 can tell you now, will be more than happy to spend. Especially for TM. It's up to him & Waggott. He's been off I Europe the last few days scouting players.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    Back to FFP
    Does anyone know over a 3 year time scale for 39 million,is it reset after 3 years or on a rolling basis?
    Like everything in the football headquarters it's all a bit vague and one rule for one and one for another.

Im confused about the whole thing mate. And as you said above, about Birmingham. It appears quite a few others next season will follow suit. Will they be as severely punished? Or as you say, will they start to turn a blind eye? Clearly we have some astute football people in Mowbray & Waggott that will understand it. And what's worth a calculated risk for. I'm just suggesting a few signs are being shown with one or two things said that we could be very much considering a fair go at this next season. Remember we spent a fair bit on Brereton last summer, which raised quite a few eyebrows. He too could be very key to what happens next.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)