+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Was that the final nail in the coffin?

We will get 4 points both macc and yeovil 1 point each, a draw away at swindon no nails left and a very wealthy takeover group to boot to celebrate. Reminds me of the scottish world cup song i had a dream 👍⚽️

Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    We will get 4 points both macc and yeovil 1 point each, a draw away at swindon no nails left and a very wealthy takeover group to boot to celebrate. Reminds me of the scottish world cup song i had a dream 👍⚽️

Reminds me of that Hot Chocolate song, 'I believe in miracles'.

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    In answer to the original question, no... our fate was sealed a long time ago.
    It certainly was.

As soon as you hit bottom you are in the situation where winning ALL of your remaining games is not a guarantee of your survival - and we lost most of ours. Your only chance is to beat the other relegation candidates around you - and we didn't. I've said elsewhere that taking points off teams in the top half of the table is all very well but if the other lower sides are taking points from each other they will leapfrog over you, remember only two other clubs need to do this and you are down. Those two clubs are the ones to beat, not the promotional favourites - and we haven't done it. There are two teams above us who now need to do very little to stay up, if we had taken points off them instead of the likes of Mansfield and FGR we would now be out of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    There have been so many nails in the coffin, yesterday was just another. The final one will probably come next week, or if not the week after.

Yesterday just confirmed to me that we are down. The red card was absolutely classic. We just had to do something - anything - to **** it all up, and that was it. I mean what was he thinking? A two footed lunge is always a red card these days, so why do it?

Can't see Macc not getting another win, so we need to win both of ours. How many must-win games have there been where we have failed to deliver?

Thing is, you can't really fault the team for effort yesterday. I just think they are totally done. Even when things are looking good, they find a way to unravel. Relegation has been in the stars since pre-season. It's a fair reflection of the absolute **** show that is Notts County on and off the field.

I can absolutely see Askey turning out a weakened team against Macc. He played over 500 games for them, scored more than a 100 goals.

Notts will be relegated this weekend

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    I can absolutely see Askey turning out a weakened team against Macc. He played over 500 games for them, scored more than a 100 goals.
    He has to play 10 of the players from the previous game after last Thursday in March according to Scoop. Fingers crossed.

https://twitter.com/LeighCurtis_NP/status/1120610135620059136

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    He has to play 10 of the players from the previous game after last Thursday in March according to Scoop. Fingers crossed.

https://twitter.com/LeighCurtis_NP/status/1120610135620059136
    Does he mean name 10 of the players out of the 18 man squad ?

If we wanted to play Hemmings, Enzio, Gomis on Saturday we can't do that ?

As that is only 7 players from Saturday I know Barclay is an enforced change.

The Crawley draw was the end for me, 2 points adrift (essentially 3) and with Swindon to play away I can not see us picking up more than a point at home to Grimsby and throw in a heavy defeat to Swindon then it doesn't matter what happens in the other games... a horrible season should be concluded on Saturday.... I worry about the future of this once great club... we are headed into the abyss

Whilst it's still 2 points we have a chance, until after the last game.

Not with Ardleys tactics

It looks and feels like the final nail.
    0-1 up, we had to win that game. Mainly because of Macclesfield, their fixtures and our appalling goal difference.
    I'm not one for quitting, where there's life there's hope and all the rest of those cliches. But almost everyone concerned
    with the club this season has contributed to this disaster - one, long absolute nightmare

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast