+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Was that the final nail in the coffin?

Was that the final nail in the coffin?

We are 2pts adrift, three really.Does anybody in their right mind think we will get more than one point at home to Grimsby given our home form.Rather be in Maccs shoes than ours.I don't think we will even get 2 pts from the last 2 games.Hate to say it,but really do think that today was it,& that to$$pot blew it

It's as good as over Pete. The final nail in the coffin was appt Hardley.

If we stay up now it won't be because of Ardley, it'll be down to Macc and Yeovil handing it to us.

Alan Hardy has made some almighty mistakes but I would say that he's put enough time and money in to at least keep us in L2, Ardley has to take the bulk of the blame for this. Players are players, remember how bad they were under Sheridan before Nolan took over. A manager can make all the difference, Ardley somehow made us worse.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Alan Hardy has made some almighty mistakes but I would say that he's put enough time and money in to at least keep us in L2, Ardley has to take the bulk of the blame for this.
    Yes, he does, but Hardy appointed him. God knows who the ones he interviewed who were 'bloody awful' were, but he sacked a manager who had won a few games but had a dim view of the squad and didn't want to be Hardy's best mate then appointed a manager on a record breaking losing run. I wish he had put less of his time in because our failure is directly proportional to the amount of time Hardy spent working on the case.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 22-04-2019 at 09:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Yes, he does, but Hardy appointed him. God knows who the ones he interviewed who were 'bloody awful' were, but he sacked a manager who had won a few games but had a dim view of the squad and didn't want to be Hardy's best mate then appointed a manager on a record breaking losing run. I wish he had put less of this time in because our failure is directly proportional to the amount of time Hardy spent working on the case.
    Remember that:

1) NA wanted a break and was trying to take a holiday and AH persuaded him to cut it short

2) AH was impressed because NA had done a analysis of the areas from which we were conceding goals and together with the other factors this persuaded AH that NA was the best candidate. I suspect many posters could have done just as good an analysis. AH seems at time to forget that other managers are also doing their analysis. It was AH's wishes to change playing style that started this road to ruin and leave us with an unmanageable sized squad of misfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Remember that:

1) NA wanted a break and was trying to take a holiday and AH persuaded him to cut it short

2) AH was impressed because NA had done a analysis of the areas from which we were conceding goals and together with the other factors this persuaded AH that NA was the best candidate. I suspect many posters could have done just as good an analysis. AH seems at time to forget that other managers are also doing their analysis. It was AH's wishes to change playing style that started this road to ruin and leave us with an unmanageable sized squad of misfits.
    People who are not that bright are generally quite impressed by any kind of analysis. Did he present it using PowerPoint?

Never mind, I have more important news, I have located Scoop:

https://twitter.com/LeighCurtis_NP/s...80159432044550

Rob Milsom had similar contract extension clause but agreed to waive it to play.
    10:33 AM - 22 Apr 2019

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post

Rob Milsom had similar contract extension clause but agreed to waive it to play.
    10:33 AM - 22 Apr 2019
    Ironically that clause might have been better left unwaived because I think we're unlikely to find a better left back than Milsom whichever division we end up in.

In answer to the original question, no... our fate was sealed a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    If we stay up now it won't be because of Ardley, it'll be down to Macc and Yeovil handing it to us.

Alan Hardy has made some almighty mistakes but I would say that he's put enough time and money in to at least keep us in L2, Ardley has to take the bulk of the blame for this. Players are players, remember how bad they were under Sheridan before Nolan took over. A manager can make all the difference, Ardley somehow made us worse.
    And who appointed a manager that had lost 12 games on the bounce? Alan Hardy! Who is an almighty mistake.....

There have been so many nails in the coffin, yesterday was just another. The final one will probably come next week, or if not the week after.

Yesterday just confirmed to me that we are down. The red card was absolutely classic. We just had to do something - anything - to **** it all up, and that was it. I mean what was he thinking? A two footed lunge is always a red card these days, so why do it?

Can't see Macc not getting another win, so we need to win both of ours. How many must-win games have there been where we have failed to deliver?

Thing is, you can't really fault the team for effort yesterday. I just think they are totally done. Even when things are looking good, they find a way to unravel. Relegation has been in the stars since pre-season. It's a fair reflection of the absolute **** show that is Notts County on and off the field.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast