+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: On a one to one with Tony Stewart, what would you like to ask him?

Quote Originally Posted by loyalmiller View Post
    No Brin, that would be my question to TS.
    He took on a club completely on its uppers that he had no real attachment too, piled in millions of his own money and we got 3 promotions in 6 or 7 years.
    Now after a bad season which to be fair wasn’t that bad and the lynch mob are after him.
    To be fair I have been after him from Day 1. Loyal makes an interesting observation "...he had no real attachment to..." Why then? If he wanted to do something for Rotherham a kids' hospice, nursery, free school or whatever might have been a better choice. Oh, and can people please stop bringing up the loss of his wife merely to portray his critics as insensitive. I was accused once on MM of not being a true supporter for missing a game and when I replied that my mother had died that day one prominent poster called me a liar. The subsequent death of my brother did not stop GWRU from demanding I be red-carded for disloyalty to TS and on the occasion of both breavements only a single MM poster, Casper, offered condolescences. So you can stick that argument.

All questions about players and managers are mere semantics. It's like being given one question to Neil Armstrong and asking him what his favourite colour is!!!

Theres only question of substance, and incidentally it may go some way to answering why he bothers, and that question is, "Why have you created RU Estates Ltd and thus divorced the football club from its one true, tangible, asset?"

Let's just consider as well a wider question. Tony Stewart made the decision to take over RUFC. He made the decision to leave Millmoor. He made the decision to build NYS. He chose the name. He hires and fires managers and staff. He owns the club and his property company takes the rent. He decides the budget and a whole host of other things.
    For my part I pay to watch the team play.
    Where in this relationship does it say that in addition to accepting TS's rule in all these areas I have to be f*cking grateful as well!!!!??? Well, I'm NOT grateful. Just as I wouldn't be grateful if some faceless venture capitalists owned the club. Gratitude is not part of the deal. He wanted the club (for reasons I suspect but don't know) and he's got the club and all I want is for him to finance an attractive and reasonably successful team. If he starts to slip in that regard he is no use to me. Gratitude does not come into it one jot.

We as fans have a lot to be grateful for to our chairman. But for me me if you take the praise you also have to take criticism. He's made mistakes one was not strengthening the team in the Jan transfer window but where would we be without him. Most fans I think know we are a league one team that sometimes punchers above its weight. As for our manager he's still learning his trade and he's made mistakes hopefully he will learn from them. He knows himself the limitations of his team.

"Tony why dont you hand over the running of the club to the fans, sack the manager and let the fans choose the team each week"

Yes gmgm makes an obvious comparison to what happened before with the Coffee man, Solicitor from London and his pals with Millers05
    They got rid of Ronnie, appointed Hartford and nine months later the Money ran out and they walked away leaving us go to oblivion.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Yes gmgm makes an obvious comparison to what happened before with the Coffee man, Solicitor from London and his pals with Millers05
    They got rid of Ronnie, appointed Hartford and nine months later the Money ran out and they walked away leaving us go to oblivion.
    Doesn't mean it wasn't the right idea. Wrong people.

One simple question "What are your real ambitions for the club?"
    The reason for asking is that we have twice reached the Championship and failed dismally to consolidate on each occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Remaining polite and professional as you sat down with a cuppa with him, what would you really want answers to?
    Clearly some on here don’t understand the thread Brin but no surprise really is there.

Obviously we’d ask how he is (isn’t that the norm?)
    Can we try and be honest in answering the questions (obviously some he can’t or doesn’t want to for whatever reason)
    think we’d ask the obvious question like some have already posted, what’s your ambition (which we probably know) do we really have the money but we don’t want to fall in the trap that other clubs seem to.
    Why did you sack certain managers/why did they leave (I don’t think a certain one would get answered)
    Why did you give Warney the job.
    Whats happening with the away end exit
    What’s happening with guest and chrimes
    Why can’t we have a better catering system in the concourse
    When will Wharton statue get put up
    Why aren’t you looking after the stadium (leaking roof, mucky seats at start of season, badge pitchside needs re-painting etc
    Why don’t we have a fans player award
    Why do we talk to other media about our club instead of putting it on our main web for all the fans to see instead of searching other social media sites.

I’m sure there’s plenty more that will be asked as we go along but believe me it won’t stop all the moaning if you answer these question

Btw when is the next fans forum? Personally I think there should be one before the start of season then another one maybe end of January.
    Obviously them that do the most moaning won’t turn up and ask their question/s they just carry on moaning
    Last edited by millertop; 23-04-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    All questions about players and managers are mere semantics. It's like being given one question to Neil Armstrong and asking him what his favourite colour is!!!

Theres only question of substance, and incidentally it may go some way to answering why he bothers, and that question is, "Why have you created RU Estates Ltd and thus divorced the football club from its one true, tangible, asset?"
    This is common practice.

I believe that the only premier club to own it's own ground is Manchester United.

As well as taking the asset away from the football club RU estates Ltd also takes the debt of the loan away from the club.

I know that it concerns you. In my humble opinion it is sensible practice.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast