+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Play-offs.

Of course you can see where this is heading can't you? either we lose to Fat Frank's Derby County in the semi and he has the last laugh over Spygate or we end up playing Villa in the final and have to re-live the 1996 League Cup Final......

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    Of course you can see where this is heading can't you? either we lose to Fat Frank's Derby County in the semi and he has the last laugh over Spygate or we end up playing Villa in the final and have to re-live the 1996 League Cup Final......
    I do not want Derby in the Semi wilson lawrence mount wil destroy us and the spygate episode will haunt Bielsa

Quote Originally Posted by Silentman View Post
    The 96 final was the nail in the coffin of wilkenson he had Brolin carrying the kit bag the team was all over the place shocking

Joking aside I don't want to face Leeds either, as rubbish as you think you've been you still have enough to beat us handsomely and thats assuming we even get to the play offs, for the record I don't think we will, infact I hope we don't, we need another year to rebuild and strengthen, that might or might not include Lampard, he's done ok for a rookie but is he long term, don't think so personally

Joking aside you don't want to face Leeds

We are a spent force. We will get tanked.
    Have a good summer.
    Chat again next season.

I am the most pessimistic of Leeds supporters because i have been supporting them since the late 60's. That said i believe we have a chance in the playoffs. Why?
    The major reason for our downfall is that the lads choked. Couldnt handle the pressure, couldnt take the chances. Thats why we lost. 2X. In playoffs opponents are also under extreme stress and importantly will have to try and win. That means they will have to come out and attack, leave gaps. Biggest ptoblem for us is that Bielsa has to motivate his rather tired team. Language is an issue here. Also i think Roofe has to play up front. Go back to the time when we were winning. Chin up guys we are in the playoffs. MOT.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    We are a spent force. We will get tanked.
    Have a good summer.
    Chat again next season.
    Name:  golden_flounce.jpg
Views: 386
Size:  41.0 KB

To be fair billy..I feel exactly the same.

Your in a similar position to us Rev this season, where a poor/disappointing January window meant you and us losing some ground when the season really got to its important stage. Who knows eh, a better window might even have clinched automatic by now!.
    And seeing as we've both been up there going for the top 2 all season, the Play offs would be the worst thing to happen now right now wouldnt it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)