+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Calum Butcher

Calum Butcher

Hugely important player for our promotion prospects but also picks up a lot of yellow cards through his no nonsense tackling.

Is there any fear of him exceeding the totting up points mark before play offs or am I just wasting a good worry.

He is on three league yellows. (One more in England before he got here.

Safranko is on 4, one of those in the cup.

Is it 5 then sit one out?
    I’d be sending Pavol out for a yellow this weekend if so

Robson got his 5th on Sat there.
    Connolly on 3 (racked up 10 this season before arrival)

I didn’t think yellows would carry over into playoffs. If they do, it’s a joke.

Needs clarified. We seriously don’t want Safranko or Butcher sitting out any play off matches - all will be crucial

Agree that Butcher has been massive since his return

Pretty sure that the play offs are seen as a continuation of the normal season, therefore all suspensions will still carry on. Agree that this will need clarified and managed properly by the club. We can't be walking a suspension tightrope going into these games. Hopefully it can work to our advantage though with aye and caley kicking lumps outta each other!

Butcher is our most important player for these games. We get bullied otherwise and he wins absolutely everything in the air. The complete opposite when he isn't playing. This showed in our last game v ICT.

The club most definitely need to manage this correctly. I imagine the current manager will be well clued up.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)