+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's Staying Behind Saturday

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah I absolutely agree. It's just that there is a **** load of negative emotion just waiting to pour out from the fans. We should wait until it's all but confirmed before we do that, otherwise we're shooting ourselves in the foot.
    It won’t make a blind bit of difference to most of the players slack...
    They just don’t fecking care about the club or fans...
    The fans have been top drawer..
    Bottom of the league with great backing...
    I tip my hat fellow notts fans

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I will be at the Lane on Saturday, and at Swindon the following week. This may be the last time we are able to see Notts home and away in the football league for some time, indeed possibly ever.
    I just can't believe that we are in this position, and in spite of all that has happened this season, the only group beyond criticism are the supporters. We have been magnificent , and I would ask; just one more time at the Lane, please get behind our club.
    I wish I could describe the words to explain how emotional I feel writing this.
    Ooof Cheltenham, made me well up just now.
    It's incredibly sad and hurts, I understand.
    I've believed we can stay up all along this battle but I'm really struggling now.
    To start with 5 at the back when you need to win just beggars belief to me, fair enough when we lost Barclay to shore up but starting...??
    Macc's games couldn't be easier oppo which terrifies me and we just can't seem to win at home!
    Fans were magnificent on Monday, 30 seconds after they scored the chants went back up, and we stayed behind them till the final whistle.
    I can't get up to Notts on Sat, so agree let's get behind them at ML one more time and PRAY.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Yeah I absolutely agree. It's just that there is a **** load of negative emotion just waiting to pour out from the fans. We should wait until it's all but confirmed before we do that, otherwise we're shooting ourselves in the foot.
    I could not agree more. The fans have been brilliant this season in what is our worst ever season in the football league and deserve far better.

As people will know I’ve been one of those beating the drum to try for remaining positive and optimistic about our hopes of survival and will do so until such a time comes it’s not possible to achieve. Likewise this also applies to getting behind the team and manager at games.

However and I’m sure I’m not alone there is a lot of hurt, anger and frustration underneath due to what we have had to put up with this season and to see mistake after mistake and self destruction at its finest is wearing thin.

I will support the manager and players to the death but should they fail to deliver on securing our league status then this spleen will be vented, and no doubt countless other fans will do the same to release the negative emotions build up over the course of this season.

I only hope come 5pm Saturday we are still within a chance of survival.

Quote Originally Posted by CheltenhamPie View Post
    I will be at the Lane on Saturday, and at Swindon the following week. This may be the last time we are able to see Notts home and away in the football league for some time, indeed possibly ever.
    I just can't believe that we are in this position, and in spite of all that has happened this season, the only group beyond criticism are the supporters. We have been magnificent , and I would ask; just one more time at the Lane, please get behind our club.
    I wish I could describe the words to explain how emotional I feel writing this.
    I will be at both games too, regardless.

It won't be pretty and could get nasty but it's only 2 days out of my life.

Who will be red card Roger this weekend?
    Who will fail to do their job and let Grimsby equalise?

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    To wait for the players, end of season lap of appreciation to the fans.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by nottsco2002 View Post
    Who will be red card Roger this weekend?
    Who will fail to do their job and let Grimsby equalise?
    We could play Notts County bingo, with the following options:

A Notts player gets sent off for no reason
    A Notts player gives away a pointless penalty
    A Notts player misses a penalty
    A Notts player forgets to mark the tallest players on the pitch, perhaps because they just came off the bench and that was too confusing to understand
    A Notts player misses the target from 4 yards out
    A Notts player scores an own goal
    A Notts player passes to someone in a worse position than themselves
    A Notts player runs forward with the ball before turning 180 degrees and passing it backwards
    A Notts player fails to stop someone shooting or crossing, resulting in a goal
    Schofield flaps at a cross, resulting in a goal
    Schofield flaps at a shot, resulting in a goal
    Schofield puts the ball on the floor and lets their striker pass it into the net
    Ardley starts with 5 defenders and 9 men behind the ball in a must-win home game
    Ardley brings on Allesandra on 75 minutes
    Ardley switches to 4-4-2 with four forwards on the pitch and thinks that makes us an attacking threat

How many do you reckon we'll get on Saturday?
    Last edited by slack_pie; 23-04-2019 at 01:48 PM.

Can I add...

the Main Stand applaud the team as they go off the pitch after being relegated.

or

Ardley declares, "he's proud of the lads after giving it their all"

Quote Originally Posted by GranthamPie View Post
    Can I add...

the Main Stand applaud the team as they go off the pitch after being relegated.
    Not by me they wont,if they lose on Saturday I'm gonna let em know what I think

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast