+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 80% wouldn't come

80% wouldn't come

The January transfer targets Ardley wanted because of our league position-Scoop

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    and just a season before they were queueing up to rip us off with wages and agent fees.

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    Sounds like Ardleys getting his excuses ready nice and early to me, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

How do you know it’s not true ?

Don't know about the exact percentage, but I can quite believe that most players of any ability would not want to join what, even in January, looked like a sinking ship. Even the Wimbledon striker that Ardley wanted and who was out of favour at the time said no.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Totally agree it’s a shame he wasn’t one of the 80% himself.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    How do you know it’s not true ?
    Do I care? All I know is he's had half a season and 8 new players to turn us around and failed miserably and I'm well and truly pished off listening to his pathetic excuses. Nolo was no great shakes as a manager but he managed to turn a team round that had lost 10 on the trot, with the same players?

Nolo..... Lol

Ardley is certainly not good when faced with a microphone! His pre & post match comments have become increasingly desperate and lacking any sort of enthusiasm or leadership. He has looked and sounded beaten for weeks now - none of which inspires much confidence from where I am placed.

He has one, massive opportunity to change that tomorrow. Anything other a victory will see us relegated in my view, so mange, coaching staff and players have a huge responsibility to deliver the goods on Saturday. We have to hope that they still have it within them to do so despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Quote Originally Posted by Pies4u View Post
    Ardley is certainly not good when faced with a microphone! His pre & post match comments have become increasingly desperate and lacking any sort of enthusiasm or leadership. He has looked and sounded beaten for weeks now - none of which inspires much confidence from where I am placed.

He has one, massive opportunity to change that tomorrow. Anything other a victory will see us relegated in my view, so mange, coaching staff and players have a huge responsibility to deliver the goods on Saturday. We have to hope that they still have it within them to do so despite all the evidence to the contrary.
    I'd agree with this. It's also the negative tactics that have been so frustrating over the last few months. There has been precious little in the way of 'going for it' until we are already behind (the FGR and Mansfield wins aside). Turning some of the single points we have picked up into 3 would have made a huge difference even if there would have been the odd defeat. We are going down with a whimper - it's dire to watch and it's sad to see the club I have supported as a child lose their football league status so meekly.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast