+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Billy McNeill RIP

Fergie built the house.

Billy McNeill helped put in the foundations.

RIP to a good and decent man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Concur totally Pac, he left us/Stonehaven to move back home and manage the club he loved, went for less money, however, he laid the foundations for SAF......Billy was indeed a legend.

Always seen good in people and did his utmost to help Snecker’s old team and Stonehaven Golf Club.

Was in mixed company in the box at the semi final and enjoyed the company of a close relative and we spoke a lot about things away from fitba, Sneckers will know who I’m speaking about.

Iconic photo of Billy holding that trophy is on a par with our captain doing likewise.

SF
    I went to Estadio Nacional(one of the best ive been to) in January for a Belenenses game. You canna ignore what happened there. Battling through the crowd to lift the trophy on the wee podium. It must have been the greatest feeling ever

Dementia/alzheimers is an awful thing and very close to home with me.

RIP big man

RiP Billy. He was a decent sort.

Wonderful Gentleman. Terrible disease.

Sad day. RIP big man.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackjarvis View Post
    Concur totally Pac, he left us/Stonehaven to move back home and manage the club he loved, went for less money, however, he laid the foundations for SAF......Billy was indeed a legend.

Always seen good in people and did his utmost to help Snecker’s old team and Stonehaven Golf Club.

Was in mixed company in the box at the semi final and enjoyed the company of a close relative and we spoke a lot about things away from fitba, Sneckers will know who I’m speaking about.

Iconic photo of Billy holding that trophy is on a par with our captain doing likewise.

SF
    Aye, had the pleasure of being in his company a number of times, even breakfasted at his house on one occasion(with Mr C) following a wedding in Dumbarton.

Whatever his fitba achievements, and they are legion, he was just a toff of a bloke. Down to earth as you like.

I recall compering a couple of CT race nights that he attended, always enjoyed the craic and entered into the spirit.

One of the good guys gone too young, 79's by nae means yer dottage these days but I hope he's at peace.
    RIP fella.

Bit before my time but I remember a few years back at parkhed, the Lisbon lions were doing their wee half time walkabout thing. Billy came right over to the Aberdeen end & got a great reception. Top bloke & I don’t think I’ve ever heard anyone ever say a bad word about him.
    Proper Scottish football legend. RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Proper Scottish football legend. RIP
    Close thread on those words

It's interesting that the "Big Jock Knew" bangers never bothered about bringing McNeill's name into it.

Not sure if it's just because they are complete half-wits that can't understand simple things or he's the kind of guy that you didn't or couldn't find fault in.

Name:  FB_IMG_1556020370240.jpg
Views: 1184
Size:  84.6 KB

Great photo.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast