+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elliott Ward contract...

Elliott Ward contract...

One more game to trigger extension...talks with Ardley.

https://www.nottinghampost.com/sport...rd-set-2787386

It's things like this that make me despair with Notts sometimes. Here we have an experienced centre half who has played at the highest level. He cant play for us despite being on our books because of some stupid clause in his contract. Who negotiates these contracts? Do we have people in a managerial capacity who know what they are doing? Because to wheel him out now with 3 games to go when we could have done with his services earlier instead of the Isthmian League standard incumbent who got sent off on Saturday beggars belief.

And before anyone starts jumping up and down about the relative merits of various players standard/competent wise I am referring to the Administrative, Managerial, Contract, DOF goings on behind the scenes. It is further evidence if any were needed that we couldn't run a p* up in a brewery.

It is beyond farcical..it is Monty Python at its best.

We should of just played him and kept him as a backup for next season

Quote Originally Posted by jscarr View Post
    We should of just played him and kept him as a backup for next season
    His wages are too high for league two let alone the national league.

That's why he hasn't played and it was the same when Milsom was left out the side for a while the only reason he has appeared over the last few months is he has took the clause out of his contact.

Its ok Legs... the South Africans are loaded and can easily afford another dead beat veteran.

It's crazy that at this late stage we are only just sitting down with him to request this clause be removed, I hope that this has been an ongoing discussion over the last few months and the player was unwilling to negotiate (but I doubt it). He's an experienced/solid CB and is head and shoulders above Barclay.

The way this club is being run from top to bottom is so very amateur, the fans deserve much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    It's crazy that at this late stage we are only just sitting down with him to request this clause be removed, I hope that this has been an ongoing discussion over the last few months and the player was unwilling to negotiate (but I doubt it). He's an experienced/solid CB and is head and shoulders above Barclay.

The way this club is being run from top to bottom is so very amateur, the fans deserve much better.
    Yup, it's a joke.

It's a common clause in football though so I'm not particularly upset at him having it in his deal, Stead has had them in his contract for a few years, Duffy had it either last season or the year before and Aborah and Mahon both had them in their deals under different ownership. It's the fact that it seems like with 4 games to go we decided maybe it was time to look at it which is just ridiculous.

If it was looked at previously, which you would have thought it had been, then it would seem like Ward refused to remove it despite being frozen out, which I guess is well within his right to do but doesn't paint him in the best light... If it hadn't been discussed then it makes Ardley out to be an idiot so either way it's stupid.

I don't see the need to play him at this stage of the season so would quite happily say thank you and show him the door. We need a complete overhaul on and off the field and it's daft that Ardley who will not be here next season to manage him has a say.

Although having said that I'm sure Ward would prefer to be playing league football next season so would be daft to not to waive the clause and leave at the end of the season.
    Last edited by OP67; 23-04-2019 at 03:47 PM.

Essentially it’s the only way to sign older players who want surety when you aren’t 100% sure of them!

So it’s a double edged sword.

If I were Ward I’d tell Notts to stuff it.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast