+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Would you still go?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Would you put the club first?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Bigger ground but lower ticket prices 15 quid to our lowest 25

But yeah I take your point on commercial sales

A fun fact though a woman at my dads work paid 500 pound for her son to be a mascot for shef w for the day kid got to meet the players and walk out with them before the game. I said to my dad that’s a season ticket that is, just shows you the difference in income though.

I know what your thinking poor kid

£15 for Championship football is damn cheap, which clubs charge £15 or are you talking League 1 prices ?

To compare clubs Ipswich have sold almost 8k season tickets and we have hit 4k, all down to fan base..

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    £15 for Championship football is damn cheap, which clubs charge £15 or are you talking League 1 prices ?

To compare clubs Ipswich have sold almost 8k season tickets and we have hit 4k, all down to fan base..
    Blackburn mate lowest price is 15 pound

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/a...r-swans-clash/

I thought we sold 6500 season tickets last year hmm il have to check that.

People don’t want to spend money and with TS no spending policy some people are starting to think hold on a min why am I paying £500-£1000 a year for a team that cost the chairman nothing not to mention the people who think EFL are fixing football games to keep big clubs in top tiers of football.

Needless to say some people are getting disheartened about the clubs position and I can see where they are coming from. Older people have history to fall back on and think oh well just think where we are now but younger fans never saw any of that and just see a club that’s broke

Btw 500- 1000 includes merchandise bought away games and food and drink in case your wondering
    Last edited by Silly-miller; 24-04-2019 at 11:03 AM.

If popeye doubled the cost of his burgers would he sell as many?

That’s the key issue

Blackburn mate lowest price is 15 pound

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/a...r-swans-clash/

I thought we sold 6500 season tickets last year hmm il have to check that.

People don’t want to spend money and with TS no spending policy some people are starting to think hold on a min why am I paying £500-£1000 a year for a team that cost the chairman nothing not to mention the people who think EFL are fixing football games to keep big clubs in top tiers of football.

Needless to say some people are getting disheartened about the clubs position and I can see where they are coming from. Older people have history to fall back on and think oh well just think where we are now but younger fans never saw any of that and just see a club that’s broke

Btw 500- 1000 includes merchandise bought away games and food and drink in case your wondering
    Thanks for the link. For one moment I thought teams like Blackburn were charging £15 for every game ( doh ).
    It’s just a one off to thank their supporters and to try and fill Ewood Park last match of their season like they did last season.
    Credit to them for showing initiative although their average crowd is near 14.5k and ours is near enough 9.800k, no comparison really, we have the lowest home attendances in the Championship

Thanks for the link. For one moment I thought teams like Blackburn were charging £15 for every game ( doh ).
    It’s just a one off to thank their supporters and to try and fill Ewood Park last match of their season like they did last season.
    Credit to them for showing initiative although their average crowd is near 14.5k and ours is near enough 9.800k, no comparison really, we have the lowest home attendances in the Championship

And it’s those low attendances that show TS is right not to overspend.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    And it’s those low attendances that show TS is right not to overspend.
    Or to extend the ground. We need 3 years in championship with an improvement year on year not the 3 years of struggling like last time.

Ahh right I miss read it

Our home end can only hold about that to be fair Casper 👻 our away end holds about 2400 which gets full in championship. Most of games have had a total crowd over 10,500 this year the last one that had 9500 was against Blackburn at start of March

Ahh right I miss read it

Our home end can only hold about that to be fair Casper  our away end holds about 2400 which gets full in championship. Most of games have had a total crowd over 10,500 this year the last one that had 9500 was against Blackburn at start of March
    Our average this season over 22 games is 9,827.
    Next bottom is Brentford at 10,210
    Top team is Villa with 35,771
    Just shows what we are up against.
    No idea how to increase revenue, perhaps a better style of more attractive football could put a few more bums on seats.

Our average this season over 22 games is 9,827.
    Next bottom is Brentford at 10,210
    Top team is Villa with 35,771
    Just shows what we are up against.
    No idea how to increase revenue, perhaps a better style of more attractive football could put a few more bums on seats.
    Point I was making mate even if we filled our stands most we could get is about 10,000 it’s not enough and I fear with united going up we may see some jumping ship. (We all know at least one who would)

Point I was making mate even if we filled our stands most we could get is about 10,000 it’s not enough and I fear with united going up we may see some jumping ship. (We all know at least one who would)

Assuming there was capacity in the ground to accommodate them every increase of 1000 fans brings in roughly £450k per year assuming they all have season tickets.

We have a great stadium but it’s not big enough

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast