+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Would you still go?

Voters
5. You may not vote on this poll
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you put the club first?

Would you put the club first?

Many people get in for a reduced price and yet argue about how TS needs to fork over the dosh in transfer windows, which makes me ask my self. If TS said we are doubling the wage budget and will spend at least 5 million on players, but the catch is that there will be no more kids prices concessions prices only adult prices what you do?

Why would he do that when he could just buy a couple of burger vans and finance us that way?

You can’t justify kids paying adult prices at any club

Sell the kids to white slavers

Kids are the future.....
    No kids, no RUFC.
    Some people wouldn’t be able to pay an increase especially if you happen to take a couple of kids.
    A minority wouldn’t object to a price increase at Championship level, majority would walk away and not bother going.

It is a big dilema on how to increase out income. Talk has been about a hotel but how much would that create after wages and taxes?

Opening the corners for some retail outlet but there is only one in two saturdays of the year that the crowds are there. A gym maybe you'd think would suit the place.
    Is the restuarant open each night or is that all tied in with the catering agreement?
    Would the catering agreement allow a pub to be there but then again that is only going to be advantagous on match days.

Can't really sell the empty seats because a lot of them are singles and mates have to sit apart for the match so that doesn't go down too well as it's so complicated to change the seating and tickets through the office for a one off.

The only leveller is TV money. Pay each team the same amount up to a limit and from the rest of the other incomes clubs get. Estimate the spend of all the clubs, divide by 24 and give out. Get the EFL to have an accountant for each club so that the EFL sanction the moves before the go through so that no team overspends.

Set a maximum wage for players in the league and set a maximum squad size for each team. Other incomes for clubs can pay for the academies etc without risking the playing squad.

Only moneis made in transfers can be used for transfers.

Set a maximum wage for the managers and have transfer windows for them.

Stop the parachute money from the Premiership.

Cut the Champions league teams free to make a European league and let them fend for themselves.
    Last edited by frogmiller; 23-04-2019 at 02:36 PM.

Original income stream estimate was £2m for the Hotel.
    If you had £10m to invest it would only get your foot on the bottom rung of the ladder. That amount would be swallowed up in one season in the Championship.
    Any investor into the club would have to prove they’re in it for the long term not in and then disappear when the going gets tough.

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Original income stream estimate was £2m for the Hotel.
    If you had £10m to invest it would only get your foot on the bottom rung of the ladder. That amount would be swallowed up in one season in the Championship.
    Any investor into the club would have to prove they’re in it for the long term not in and then disappear when the going gets tough.
    Look at it as 4 players on £10k per week.

I wonder what TS thinks when he sees the demand for the wages after all of the graft his workers put in for theirs and what he can pay them to keep his product competitive.

Some of the other Championship clubs are so desperate to attain extra cash that they screw their own supporters to the floor. A large club not too far away increased their season tickets massively, and guess what? They are still playing the likes of us. Let's not lose sight of the fact that it's a working man's hobby at our level. I would like to introduce my grandkids eventually. Price them out, and the club will die. For what? A few more years in this over bloated division?

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    Kids are the future.....
    No kids, no RUFC.
    Some people wouldn’t be able to pay an increase especially if you happen to take a couple of kids.
    A minority wouldn’t object to a price increase at Championship level, majority would walk away and not bother going.
    Lots of people can’t afford to go now my friend used to go every year until he was taken ill got fired and had to sign on (some kind of illness that ran in his family) now he can only go to 5 games a year at most. Yet I know some pensioners who can afford 4 holidays a year to places like Mexico. There are people who can afford to pay more and there are people who would like to go but can’t afford it. The question I was trying to ask is would you yourself pay more if you could afford it if you knew it would help the club?

There’s huge question marks over our income like why do we have a fairly high ticket price and still we can’t compete with clubs who have low ticket prices? Is it Inadequate funds from sponsors? Lack of money coming from food drink and shop? Or is it just the investment difference from chairman?

I don’t have a clue what it is but one thing I’m certain of is our income needs to increase to 20million a season if TS dream has a chance that is

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast