+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A Poem to Jimmy

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    You are Oh so wrong, you no absolutely nothing about me, and I can see that you that by the fact you show no to your elders you are indeed a very distasteful person to put it mildly, as many others have pointed out on this board.

Why don't you go and do something useful, like conducting Lightning.
    I'm a respectful person but don't suffer ingrates like you. You know nothing about me either.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    I'm a respectful person but don't suffer ingrates like you. You know nothing about me either.
    Kettle calling the Pot again, respectful person, take a good look in that mirror.

Quote Originally Posted by Bridg4d_Pie_ View Post
    Kettle calling the Pot again, respectful person, take a good look in that mirror.
    Are you suffering from Dementia. I made it quite clear I do not suffer idiots.

Where’s Ian Bolton?

Seriously arguing over a poem guys??? Past is past no poem will get us out of this mess we all have good memories at the lane but they were a long time ago, just like across the trent. Our fans shouldn't be arguing with each other we've all suffered for years. Lets just hope and pray something comes out of this supposed takeover whichever league we end up in.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Where’s Ian Bolton?
    He made his debut the season after the second promotion, as did Eric Probert.

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    There’s room on the bench side of Jimmy,
    To leave my heart, my scarf, and my dreams.
    For the memories of my football team.

But it will never be the same,
    For the sun has stopped shining upon us
    Down at Meadow Lane.

I was here long before Jimmy,
    And I am here long after he’s gone,
    But perhaps it’s better, that he’s not here,
    than to witness this - our final swansong.

So I’ll blindfold his eyes with my black and white scarf
    this is something I don’t want him to see,
    that Notts County, down by the old River Trent,
    are now just a old chaps, distant, memory.
    Excellent verse Feebo.

I can well relate to your feelings and also earlier memories when Tommy and Jackie were knocking them in - in front of 30,000 plus.

Disappointments are a fact of life and one of the downsides of being old is you can remember more than the younger folk. Football has altered beyond all recognition in my lifetime and will continue to do so. Money of course has the greatest influence on a club's success and will continue to be the main factor. If you can afford the best footballers and managers you get success. Unfortunately we have to accept our position in the pecking order and live in hope of the position changing.

Bloody brilliant, I write a Poem and this thread ends up in a Bitch fight!

Thanks for the compliments Seriouspie and Countygump.

one week in October when we hadnt got a game on Saturday , i went to Burton Albion v Bristol Rovers,
    I was talking to a old timer rovers fan, and hed been going 38 years, and i forgot they went out of the league he expressed the same feeling im feeling now, ive had enough of this stress,it should be a pleasure to watch your team, i have done my bit shall i pack it in.
    we will see,
    so like him, i have a rotten decision to make, that i thought that i would never have to contemplate closed season, the alternative of saturday Aftos without my team is chilling.

Quote Originally Posted by McCullochisGod View Post
    Are you suffering from Dementia. I made it quite clear I do not suffer idiots.
    Speak for yourself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast