+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Huge Game Tonight

Huge Game Tonight

concerning us Ayr v Partick Thistle . Whatever happens , our final game v Partick will decide what league we play in. Partick are away tonight but I fancy them to get a result in similar circumstances to what we did on Saturday ie one team with a huge amount to play for and the other not so much. Ayr are guaranteed a 3rd/ 4th place off and are just ticking over for these games. I'm sure we are all supporting the Honest Men nevertheless.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 23-04-2019 at 04:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    concerning us Ayr v Partick Thistle . Whatever happens , our final game v Partick will decide what league we play in. Partick are away tonight but I fancy them to get a result in similar circumstances to what we did on Saturday ie one team with a huge amount to play for and the other not so much. Ayr are guaranteed a 3rd/ 4th place off and are just ticking over for these games. I'm sure we are all supporting the Honest Men nevertheless.
    You may well be correct JR but worth remembering the difference in prize money between 3rd and 4th is a not insignificant £75K. As you say hopefully ayr will win and again on Saturday when the 2 sides meet at Firhill.
    It might well come down to our last game v Thistle but that remains to be seen. If we could somehow win on friday night then Falkirk would need 6 points from 2 tough games and a big goal difference swing to catch us. Likewise given Alloa have an inferior GD they would need 4 points from 2 games to overtake us even if we lost to Thistle.
    Time will tell. Like you I fully expect it to go to the last game but it might not.
    Last edited by Dobmeister; 23-04-2019 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    You may well be correct JR but worth remembering the difference in prize money between 3rd and 4th is a not insignificant £75K. As you say hopefully ayr will win and again on Saturday when the 2 sides meet at Firhill.
    It might well come down to our last game v Thistle but that remains to be seen. If we could somehow win on friday night then Falkirk would need 6 points from 2 tough games and a big goal difference swing to catch us. Likewise given Alloa have an inferior GD they would need 4 points from 2 games to overtake us even if we lost to Thistle.
    Time will tell. Like you I fully expect it to go to the last game but it might not.

2 games left and only 3 points off 5th place ,so queens can finish anywhere between 5th and bottom ,the prize monies for finishing 5th could be massive to queens .

1-0 to Partick at Half Time

Partick win 1-0 up to 6th.....
    Queens down to 8th...

Massive pressure on us for Friday night but would still rather be us than Falkirk.
    We just need to get three points from the last two games to avoid automatic relegation. Relegation play offs shouldn't be a major disaster as we must be stronger than anyone in the league below

Quote Originally Posted by deek5trans View Post
    Massive pressure on us for Friday night but would still rather be us than Falkirk.
    We just need to get three points from the last two games to avoid automatic relegation. Relegation play offs shouldn't be a major disaster as we must be stronger than anyone in the league below
    I'm sure Raith Rovers would like a pop at us over two games. A draw on Friday would be a great result in what will be rare live coverage of a league game and not in Gaelic at that !

May I just mention East Fife!! Don't get carried away!

Yes indeed , East Fife as well. If we were to finish second bottom , it would be no cakewalk to stay in the Championship

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Yes indeed , East Fife as well. If we were to finish second bottom , it would be no cakewalk to stay in the Championship

i fancy a draw in dingwall and a home win v partick on last day ,but 3 points from both games ,should see us finish 5th for much greater end of season prize monies .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)