+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Raheem Sterling -Turned down by big London clubs because of his skin colour ?

Raheem Sterling -Turned down by big London clubs because of his skin colour ?

Allegedly Raheem Sterling was offered to all the top London clubs in his early days, but got turned down because of his skin colour. That was what was said by his coach in the early part of his career on the radio today. Personally I can’t see it that way. Maybe they were worried about some other aspect of his make up. It was a bold and strong comment to make live on the radio. Racism in sport and football in particular is the most major point in the game right now and always commands headline news. He’s done brilliantly well so far in his career so far, and has conducted himself with dignity when talking about this delicate topic. Anyone got any views on this ?

Total bollox!

Have a quick whiz through the Google profile on all players signed with any London club. The diversity is incredible, Burnley on the other hand, fielded eleven white players last night, eight English lads, one from Eire, one from "Austria" and one from New Zealand.

Does SD pick his team on the basis of skin colour?

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Allegedly Raheem Sterling was offered to all the top London clubs in his early days, but got turned down because of his skin colour. That was what was said by his coach in the early part of his career on the radio today
    It was a bold and strong comment to make live on the radio.
    bold indeed....did he Name the Clubs - or offer any proof to back up his allegation ?....and as Sterlings just 24 - what is he calling the early part of his career ?

Seeing as every top London club is thronged with black players and have been for years, seems to me like it's yet another chancer playing the race card. This race thing seems to be defining Sterling now, he did an interview with Henry Winter not long ago, Winter was mightily impressed, he said on Sky's SS that Raheem was the recipient of abuse from racist fans simply because he was a rich, black kid. One of the other journalists asked him, if that was the case, then why did Marcus Rashford not receive similar abuse from racist fans. Henry just responded with a blank stare.
    Last edited by sinkov; 23-04-2019 at 07:51 PM.

This racist thing really has got under Sterling's skin. He really does need to lighten up.

Keeps him in the headlines BT, something he doesn't seem averse to. And all the football journos, PC to the core the lot of them, are in thrall to him. England's next Captain Raheem, mark my words it's tied on, they wouldn't dare give it anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    This racist thing really has got under Sterling's skin. He really does need to lighten up.
    Just wait for the headlines when his ***uality comes up.....

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Keeps him in the headlines BT, something he doesn't seem averse to. And all the football journos, PC to the core the lot of them, are in thrall to him. England's next Captain Raheem, mark my words it's tied on, they wouldn't dare give it anyone else.
    Maybe Sinkov, I’ll say this we could do worse as Southgates whole gameplan is built around the fella, was last year and will be for the seeable future I think.
    So captain is possible after Fa today again ban alcohol from dressing rooms due to religion or ethnicity.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Unfortunate choice of words there BT

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    Unfortunate choice of words there BT
    Glad someone spotted it! Took me ages to think that up.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)