+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What a Climax.

What a Climax.

Well one way or another this crazy league has left us with the Mother of finishes next Saturday. With their position still undecided it is certain that Thistle with bring a large vociferous support down with them so it is important that all Queens supporters young and old make get along to Palmerston to at least equal that Jags support and hopefully better them to cheer on the boys. Yir hame team is yir ain team so Mon the South.

I hope I can safely say that the worst we can get is a play off place because of our goal difference compared to the two below us. Amazingly , Falkirk are not automatically relegated yet as some folk think. If they win next Saturday and Alloa get beat , the Bairns better goal difference ( than Alloa) would get them a play off spot.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I hope I can safely say that the worst we can get is a play off place because of our goal difference compared to the two below us. Amazingly , Falkirk are not automatically relegated yet as some folk think. If they win next Saturday and Alloa get beat , the Bairns better goal difference ( than Alloa) would get them a play off spot.
    Looks that way to me JR.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    I think this post on P&B sums it up.

So Dunfermline and Morton safe.

Thistle safe if they avoid defeat against QOS. If they lose and Alloa win Thistle will be in play off spot.

QOS safe if they beat Thistle. Also safe if they match Alloa result next week. (Could be 10th if lose but unlikely as 3 points and 9 goals better than Falkirk).

Alloa safe if they win next week as they would overtake one of QOS and Thistle who play each other. Safe with a draw if QOS lose. Will be 10th if they lose and Falkirk win (unless QOS suffer a huge defeat).

Falkirk will reach play off spot if they beat County and Alloa lose at Ayr.

Fixtures of clubs involved.

Ayr United v Alloa Athletic.

Falkirk v Ross County.

QOS v Partick Thistle.

I'd certainly have taken this scenario at FT last night.
    Last edited by Dobmeister; 27-04-2019 at 04:54 PM.

Well detailed for next weekend's D Day.

Quote Originally Posted by Dobmeister View Post
    I think this post on P&B sums it up.

So Dunfermline and Morton safe.

Thistle safe if they avoid defeat against QOS. If they lose and Alloa win Thistle will be in play off spot.

QOS safe if they beat Thistle. Also safe if they match Alloa result next week. (Could be 10th if lose but unlikely as 3 points and 9 goals better than Falkirk).

Alloa safe if they win next week as they would overtake one of QOS and Thistle who play each other. Safe with a draw if QOS lose. Will be 10th if they lose and Falkirk win (unless QOS suffer a huge defeat).

Falkirk will reach play off spot if they beat County and Alloa lose at Ayr.

Fixtures of clubs involved.

Ayr United v Alloa Athletic.

Falkirk v Ross County.

QOS v Partick Thistle.

I'd certainly have taken this scenario at FT last night.
    Just read that Ayr United manager Ian McCall is to rest players against Alloa next weekend.Some of his squad are running on empty and he needs them fresh for the playoff

�� @AyrUnitedFC boss Ian McCall provides injury updates...

Craig Moore - out for rest of season.

Steven Bell - stress fracture & out for rest of season.

Jamie Adams - likely out for rest of season.

Lawrence Shankland - bone bruising - hopefully play 45 mins v Alloa next week.

Basically, Dobbie's goals have gave us an important comfort blanket in this tightest of finishes . I am however not taking anything for granted . It's unlikely Falkirk could turn around a nine goal deficit but I'd like to remind you that we got beat 4-0 last night and I recall a memorable game in 1989 v Kilmarnock where they won 6-0 at Palmerston ( as well as a disallowed goal) and STILL went down. What I am saying is anything can happen in this crazy game ------- Queens really need to turn out a performance next weekend and we NEED to turn out and back them. With Ayr resting players next week v Alloa , we could well fall into the play off spot . One way for this not to happen is just to win the game in front of a frenzied Partick Thistle crowd. This week is going to drag.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 27-04-2019 at 06:45 PM.

The Dumfries folk will not turn out in numbers for this game, had it been a top of the table playoff game it would have been different.

I see that Ayr and Inverness are currently tied on 53 points, so they are playing only for second leg home advantage in the play-offs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)