+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Norwich(away)predictions

Norwich(away)predictions

Recent form will give us a good chance
    Tempted for a draw but my negative side is shining through
    2-1 loss

I really can't see us losing this. The pressure will be amped up and they will really be desperate. Probably too desperate. Pressure has certainly gotten to them aswell, 4 draws in a row at this crucial time.
    We are a different beast at the moment.

My heart says we will win 1-2 ....

....but head says 1-1. So I will go with that, a 1-1.

They only need a draw to go up, so I cant see them going for it.

I think we will finish the season with 4 points from the remaining 2 games.
    And end up just 3 wins away from the play-offs. Oh what could've been eh? Its even looking like Derby will sneak in, who we battered, and didn't score once vrs us all season.
    Putting to one side my hissy fit when we had a nightmare 2 months, we have been decent this season. And are finishing it looking one of the stronger sides of the division. There is just nothing to fear down here and next season, if we make the right sorts of signings and keep Dack, I think we should be aiming for at least the play off's.
    I'm going to edge my bets and say young Brereton will get between 15-20 League goals for us. And how good does Butterworth look?? He will come on leaps and bounds too, same with Buckley and Chapman.

A gulf in class.
    4-1 home win

Realistically, Norwich are promoted. Leeds aren't going to wipe away a GD deficit of 10 in two games, especially as one of them is against Villa.
    They have been wobbling slightly with four draws, but - unfortunately - the pressure will be off, and they might well be back to their best.
    If we can hold out for the first half-hour, we might have a chance. On the other hand, even if we are one-up with 15 minutes left, Norwich have a daunting record of scoring late goals - almost matching our record of CONCEDING goals in that period!
    I'll take a complete punt on 3-2 to Norwich.

Norwich 1 Rovers 1

Well, we avoided a battering...just.
    To be honest, I would have not played with four attackers. Armstrong is good when we are on the front foot, but he is not what you need in a match when the opposition are dominant. I'd have played Bennett in front of Nyambe.
    Norwich were excellent - able to play without pressure, with promotion guaranteed. They look much better equipped to survive in the PL than a club like Huddersfield.
    Can we be as good as them next year? I doubt it. It took them to a while to gel, and I am just looking for season where we show obvious improvement - perhaps getting to the play-offs if we get a lot of luck.
    (Mind you, we'd need Dack to be a lot better than he was today!)

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Well, we avoided a battering...just.
    To be honest, I would have not played with four attackers. Armstrong is good when we are on the front foot, but he is not what you need in a match when the opposition are dominant. I'd have played Bennett in front of Nyambe.
    Norwich were excellent - able to play without pressure, with promotion guaranteed. They look much better equipped to survive in the PL than a club like Huddersfield.
    Can we be as good as them next year? I doubt it. It took them to a while to gel, and I am just looking for season where we show obvious improvement - perhaps getting to the play-offs if we get a lot of luck.
    (Mind you, we'd need Dack to be a lot better than he was today!)
    They looked good today in spells. Like you say, the pressure was off. After 2 very good goals, during which we looked shaky, I thought we came back into it after the goal and looked dangerous in spells.
    I think they will come straight back down Aucks and are nothing special at all. They have had an impressive season, and good luck to them next season. They won't have the financial clout to compete and probably won't have any more impact than Cardiff, Hudd's Town. They went up 4 or 5 seasons ago and did the same. And next season will be no different, they are nowhere near good enough.

As in us next season, I just think we need to say who leaves, and who comes in.
    Mowbray has said to the 2 keepers that he is bringing in a new number one. So one of them will leave. I thought the lad did well again tonight. And I still think we will try to have a go at the play offs. We will start the season in and around 10-12 sides who can all feel they have a very good chance. This season shows, pretty much anyone from that mid table up can have a good season and go up. Like the 2 who are going up automatically. They where in no way mentioned as being candidates at the start of the season. Or Leeds. Another side, who if they got up now, wouldn't last 2 minutes in the Prem.
    But if you get a good start, you can get on a roll. And if you have a decent strong squad, for when you start to lose a few key players like us with Lenihan (coinciding with our bad spell) and get some luck along the way, you get to where Norwich are today.
    We have a solid foundation to our squad. It just needs adding to. The quality of that, will depend on quite a few things. But TM isn't telling out GK he is getting in someone better for us to sit stagnant in mid table for ever more. Starting with next season. Like this one, it will not bea strong league standard wise. It will however, require some quality for is to go for a play off place. Which I think will be our aim.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    They looked good today in spells. Like you say, the pressure was off. After 2 very good goals, during which we looked shaky, I thought we came back into it after the goal and looked dangerous in spells.
    I think they will come straight back down Aucks and are nothing special at all. They have had an impressive season, and good luck to them next season. They won't have the financial clout to compete and probably won't have any more impact than Cardiff, Hudd's Town. They went up 4 or 5 seasons ago and did the same. And next season will be no different, they are nowhere near good enough.
    Well, I couldn't see any glaring weaknesses, Champs. And remember, they had two very good centre-backs on the bench - Hanley and Klose!

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    As in us next season, I just think we need to say who leaves, and who comes in.
    Mowbray has said to the 2 keepers that he is bringing in a new number one. So one of them will leave. I thought the lad did well again tonight. And I still think we will try to have a go at the play offs. We will start the season in and around 10-12 sides who can all feel they have a very good chance. This season shows, pretty much anyone from that mid table up can have a good season and go up. Like the 2 who are going up automatically. They where in no way mentioned as being candidates at the start of the season. Or Leeds. Another side, who if they got up now, wouldn't last 2 minutes in the Prem.
    But if you get a good start, you can get on a roll. And if you have a decent strong squad, for when you start to lose a few key players like us with Lenihan (coinciding with our bad spell) and get some luck along the way, you get to where Norwich are today.
    We have a solid foundation to our squad. It just needs adding to. The quality of that, will depend on quite a few things. But TM isn't telling out GK he is getting in someone better for us to sit stagnant in mid table for ever more. Starting with next season. Like this one, it will not bea strong league standard wise. It will however, require some quality for is to go for a play off place. Which I think will be our aim.
    A fair analysis. I've had my usual post-match email from my Bristol City-supporting cousin.
    He said they played very well today against Derby, but lost. BC have gone on their bad run at just the wrong time, and will probably miss out on the play-offs, now. Villa and Boro, on the other hand, have gone in the other direction. This is the other factor that gets missed out. If you hit form at the right point in the season, that can carry you through. Villa were so-so until two months ago, and then, wham!
    It's very rare for a team to sustain peak form all season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)