+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Norwich(away)predictions

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Well, I couldn't see any glaring weaknesses, Champs. And remember, they had two very good centre-backs on the bench - Hanley and Klose!
    Hanley isn't anywhere near good enough for the Prem (or Rhodes) but they are both only on the bench. And probably will move on.
    Norwich will not lay a glove on any of the top 6, so it's how they got on against sides around them. That lad who scored the goals this season? Pukki? He will be lucky to get 4 or 5 Prem goals. He isn't good enough. Looking at their players, I can say the same throughout. Getting on a roll in our division, and being good enough to stay in the Prem are two different things.
    Wolves went up a very good side. And amassed loads more points than Norwich. And spent big on real quality. But only added gradually. And have stayed up and had a good season. Compare Norwich to them, they are miles off. Compare them to Cardiff (who where a surprise like Norwich have been this) and you will see a fairer comparison. Who have been left wanting most of the season.

You've mentioned the key thing there, Champs - how well a team does against the rest of the bottom 12 in the PL! Bizarrely, a club could draw all 38 games and survive. That says it all, really - and it's another reason I'm not that desperate for promotion.
    I think Everton are developing well, but there really isn't too much to choose between the teams currently in 9th to 17th places.
    Going back to the Championship, you find a much more level playing-field. Boro are seventh, but have rarely looked special. I suspect Villa might now come through in the play-offs, but I can't see an obvious favourite for 2019-20 (Fulham?). I reckon that it could be closer than ever next season, and it might come down to which clubs have their good runs at the right times.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    You've mentioned the key thing there, Champs - how well a team does against the rest of the bottom 12 in the PL! Bizarrely, a club could draw all 38 games and survive. That says it all, really - and it's another reason I'm not that desperate for promotion.
    I think Everton are developing well, but there really isn't too much to choose between the teams currently in 9th to 17th places.
    Going back to the Championship, you find a much more level playing-field. Boro are seventh, but have rarely looked special. I suspect Villa might now come through in the play-offs, but I can't see an obvious favourite for 2019-20 (Fulham?). I reckon that it could be closer than ever next season, and it might come down to which clubs have their good runs at the right times.
    Aucks to sum it up. You watched us despatch Derby a few weeks back? They looked really poor. And their season looked pretty much over. Out of form. And Bristol City in form. Now after yesterday Derby will likely be playing Leeds in the play offs. And I wouldn't rule them beating Leeds over 2 games. Because Derby are I form right now, at this point. Which is always crucial.
    Norwich & Sheff Utd did really well this season, because they both started well, and maintained it. Over a long sustained period. Yes you have your little bad spells, but have them earlier in the season. Not now. And Leeds have faltered right at the wrong time. Derby have snuck in another way.

I know what your saying about going up. But to be fair, I don't think it's very good down here. The standard isn't good. And we surley have to aspire to try move on a bit. I don't think TM will accept us just sitting in mid table in this league. We can have a go and try get up. Norwich haven't spent anything. And weren't fancied. I don't think any of the sides coming down will be anything to be worried about. And that's why he's looking to move plsyers on. We could sit here, keep those 2 keepers, keep Smallwood etc and not move up or down. I just don't think that's the plan.

I do accept all that, Champs. Every manager (and every Club?) see the PL as the automatic aim. It's just that I don't relish the games themselves.
    I wonder if Fulham will be able to hang on to most of their players. If so, they will probably be favourites. But, then...look at Stoke!
    I fancied Derby as champions at the start of the season, but they have been almost as inconsistent as we have. Funnily enough, losing to us seems to have galvanised them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)