+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: League 1 next season

Hey Gazza (in the opening post)..
    This is awful isnt it and I think we as a set of local fans are going to debate this for some years to come.
    Do your team or my team really want to go up or stay up in the Champship eh ?. What exactly is there that appeals to us as fans, when we're losing almost every game and are involved in another miserable relegation scrap of a season. Remember as well that its clear these days that we're not invited or welcome to be in that league, because its become an elite league, a Premship Second Division if there is such a thing!.

@Sota, yes I did wonder! No worries.

@Acido I think Barnsley have more potential than us to do OK in the Championship. I still see Barnsley as a steady Championship club, capable of holding their own at least, and under the current management team you have there, I wouldn't bet against your boys having a jolly good time at that level in the coming years.

RE. our squad, we will lose Vaulks and Ajayi for sure. Rodak and Towell will be leaving never to return, both were brilliant for us in L1. Vyner will return to Bristol. Williams could leave, as could Newell - neither have signed new deals as yet. Taylor might also leave as I don't think he's yet been offered a new contract. Robertson might want to leave as he joined us for Championship football to improve his chances of playing for Scotland. Billy Jones will leave. And it will be no surprise if we also lose Smith, albeit for decent money. There's some really good players for L1 level amongst that lot and regardless of who we bring in, we'll be a lesser outfit without them.
    Sad in a way, the break up of the band of brothers.

When I sit and think about it, I've actually really enjoyed this season if not the final outcome. I still say a survival battle in the Championship is still better than a tilt at promotion a division lower.

Barnsley have got 5 players in the PFA League One team of the year so they have got the potential for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    Barnsley have got 5 players in the PFA League One team of the year so they have got the potential for next season.
    There’s still a chance Barnsley could lose to Donny Rovers in the play off final.

There’s a great chippy on the top main road at Accrington so looking forward to that..... am I bolox!

Can you imagine though a Tuesday night game at Villa Park or ............at Bury....... it doesn’t bare thinking about 😖

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    There’s a great chippy on the top main road at Accrington so looking forward to that..... am I bolox!

Can you imagine though a Tuesday night game at Villa Park or ............at Bury....... it doesn’t bare thinking about ��
    Thing is we have a chance of beating Bury without conceding 3 or 4 goals

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    There’s still a chance Barnsley could lose to Donny Rovers in the play off final.
    There's every chance we won't even make the play off final .

Doesn't matter to me. Well, yes of course it does, I'd like us to stay up, but realistically we are a third tier team with occasional second tieriness.

I'll enjoy a few live games each season, and try to get to as many of the 72 as possible.

It's still a novelty to me, to come to NY, and think - this is our ground - some of you are so lucky to get to go every week. To me, when I can get, it's like seeing an old cherished girlfriend - not one of those manky ones you couldn't wait to get rid of, like a dog with too many fleas - no, every time it's just great. Like, doesn't the pitch look fantastic?

So, whatever league we are in, just enjoy it. We have a club to support. 12 years ago that looked unlikely.

We will need at least 10 players if people don't re sign or leave . 2 full backs 1 is out of contract . Can see Vaulks and Semi going possibly Smith .We want to looking for 8 + million for those 3. .

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    We will need at least 10 players if people don't re sign or leave . 2 full backs 1 is out of contract . Can see Vaulks and Semi going possibly Smith .We want to looking for 8 + million for those 3. .
    Rob Scott is contacting all the players agents of the ones who are out of contract in the next two weeks so the club should have a clearer idea of who wants to sign and who wants to leave.
    At a guess Smith will still be here unless a worthwhile bid comes in for him. Nucleus of the side will still be here.
    They need to sort any potential new players out well before the end of July rather than leave it while the last minute.
    Last edited by CASPER-64-FRANK; 25-04-2019 at 09:38 PM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast