+ Visit Wolverhampton Wanderers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: What Will The Outcome Be?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Wolves v Arsenal Matchday Thread

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Were have you been MIch? Been talking to myself since kick off!
    At work and during the school year, my job limits my ability to take in midweek matches. I've only been able to check every now and then. Got a promotion for next year which will allow me to watch all the matches

Quote Originally Posted by MichiganWolf View Post
    At work and during the school year, my job limits my ability to take in midweek matches. I've only been able to check every now and then. Got a promotion for next year which will allow me to watch all the matches
    Good for you mate! Promotion that is.

3-1. Cmon Wanderers don't feck up again.

Surely too late to see a repeat of the Watford match. Though I suppose I shouldn't tempt fate

Full time. Three up the Arse, can't beat it. Well so I've been told anyway.

Back to 7th place for Wolves and in control of our own destiny with three matches to go! We have Liverpool last, so I'd rather get 6 from the next two matches and then not have to worry too much at the Kop!. Next match @ Watford is huge!

What a performance and what a result for Wolves. Wolves started slowly, but like other games against the so called elite, once we started playing, Arsenal were no match for us. The three first half goals knocked the stuffing out of Arsenal. It's not easy to pick out individual performances from a game like that, every player was very good, but once both Jonny and Jota started to go at Arsenal, there was no stopping us.

I often try and look at what our goals would look like being seen from the oppositions point of view. For Neves's goal, i just thought their keeper was too far to his left, but what a free-kick it was from Neves. For the second goal, i just think the keeper has to try and get to the ball first, instead of being caught out as he was for Doherty's header. As for the third, Jota deserved his goal, but the again the keeper has to do a lot better.

Make no mistake about it, 3-1 may have been the final score, chances alone, Wolves could have scored at least three more, but i'm happy with the three we scored.

Roll on Saturday at Watford, hopefully we can something at Vicarage Road.

Quote Originally Posted by wolves71 View Post
    What a performance and what a result for Wolves. Wolves started slowly, but like other games against the so called elite, once we started playing, Arsenal were no match for us. The three first half goals knocked the stuffing out of Arsenal. It's not easy to pick out individual performances from a game like that, every player was very good, but once both Jonny and Jota started to go at Arsenal, there was no stopping us.

I often try and look at what our goals would look like being seen from the oppositions point of view. For Neves's goal, i just thought their keeper was too far to his left, but what a free-kick it was from Neves. For the second goal, i just think the keeper has to try and get to the ball first, instead of being caught out as he was for Doherty's header. As for the third, Jota deserved his goal, but the again the keeper has to do a lot better.

Make no mistake about it, 3-1 may have been the final score, chances alone, Wolves could have scored at least three more, but i'm happy with the three we scored.

Roll on Saturday at Watford, hopefully we can something at Vicarage Road.
    That was Jonny's best performance to date, particularly going forward. As for singling out performances, how about across the season? I find myself really struggling to choose a player of the season, I think I'll go with Moutinho his contribution has been immense... or Matt Doherty... or Willy Boly...

I had to rely on text messages from my son as I was driving back through France. He said we should have scored at least five. I overheard a conversation on the Cross Channel Ferry yesterday, where two of the crew in the cafeteria were discussing Wolves. They were most impressed by the exciting football we have been playing this season.

Re "... They were most impressed by the exciting football we have been playing this season."

To be honest only the most cynical b*stard would fail to be impressed by our style of football this season.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)