+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Askey

John Askey

Port Vale play Maccs next and their manager Askey played a record number of times for them and was awarded the freedom of Macclesfield in 2018.
    They will probably make him Lord Mayor if Port Vale lose.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Port Vale play Maccs next and their manager Askey played a record number of times for them and was awarded the freedom of Macclesfield in 2018.
    They will probably make him Lord Mayor if Port Vale lose.
    Very good observation, makes you wonder doesn't it.

It'll be fixed

Might be wrong but I think Keith Curle's Northampton take on a Yeovil side containing his mates Zoko and Arquin, which doesn't bode particularly well either.

He might want to show them what they're missing.

True, he also might want to relegate them so he can sign them next season, could work either way!

This is always the problem you have when promotion/relegation games are not in your own hands.

No point us crying about foul play we have had 44 games to sort this mess out and we haven't done.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    This is always the problem you have when promotion/relegation games are not in your own hands.

No point us crying about foul play we have had 44 games to sort this mess out and we haven't done.
    Correct.

Someone, possibly Dan Westwell, mentioned that there are now rules in place to stop teams from making wholesale changes and resting players in the last few games of the season. I can't see Askey's players wanting to go along with losing for the sake of him even if that was the case though to be honest.

Didn't realise that Dave Kevan was now a coach at PVFC and I hope he may inspire the players there to give of their all v Macclesfield. I was hoping that JA may have been sacked by Macclesfield at some point which may have encouraged him to try and get one over his former club but it looks to me as though he left of his own volition to join Shrewsbury after Paul Hurst vacated the managerial role. So little comfort there but as legs 77 says we have had more than enough games to secure our own future without relying on others to do it for us. Ultimately if we go down we deserve our fate however harsh that is on the fans.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast