Get your very own personalised Dees Banter gifts!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 49

Thread: Q+A Request for fans

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,974

    Q+A Request for fans

    Due to the way alot of fans have been feeling iv asked the question to the owners if they will be willing to hold a Q+A for ALL fans that would like to attend,as there are many fans diegruntled and indeed disengaged at the moment.

    Personally i see no reason as to why the fans can't be granted one,if i get a reply i will post up

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    8,010
    Weíve more chance of qualifying for Europe this year

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,974
    hear what you are saying mate but the question had to be asked so we will see how willing they are to address the problems that the fans are seeing,and how willing they are to put their views of the situation to us when listening to our concerns

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Due to the way alot of fans have been feeling iv asked the question to the owners if they will be willing to hold a Q+A for ALL fans that would like to attend,as there are many fans diegruntled and indeed disengaged at the moment.

    Personally i see no reason as to why the fans can't be granted one,if i get a reply i will post up
    Never gonna happen...if it was your business would you have a Q&A ...like I've said before can you imagine The Gellatlys listening to a lot of fans telling them how to run the club...with at best limited knowledge of how business works...not a chance

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,843
    Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Never gonna happen...if it was your business would you have a Q&A ...like I've said before can you imagine The Gellatlys listening to a lot of fans telling them how to run the club...with at best limited knowledge of how business works...not a chance
    Without the fans the game is nothing.....apologies if I've slightly misquoted Stein.

    It's different Peter ...b4 if the gellatlys said nothing a 10-15k crowd wud be along in a few weeksconce we started getting better results.

    This is different, there's a horrible horrible atmosphere at Dens and people are walking.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,974
    now around to rros way of thinking,more fool them if they dont listen to the fans concerns and they should remember that communication is a two way process peter

    however

    if no q+a is forthcoming then that will say alot to the fans,just when they are asking the same fans to dig deep into their pockets imo

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,515
    Best of luck Shaded. He dislikes you as much as he dislikes me so don't hold your breath.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Without the fans the game is nothing.....apologies if I've slightly misquoted Stein.

    It's different Peter ...b4 if the gellatlys said nothing a 10-15k crowd wud be along in a few weeksconce we started getting better results.

    This is different, there's a horrible horrible atmosphere at Dens and people are walking.
    Sad fact nowadays that's not quite true...without TV money the game is nothing...agree that people are walking away and until we start winning especially at Dens it'll probably continue...I just don't see what a Q&A session does... we've all got opinions and probably most of them are we need a total revamp from top to bottom...so a few hundred of us sitting in a room telling the yanks that is pointless unless someone has the money to buy them out

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Sad fact nowadays that's not quite true...without TV money the game is nothing...agree that people are walking away and until we start winning especially at Dens it'll probably continue...I just don't see what a Q&A session does... we've all got opinions and probably most of them are we need a total revamp from top to bottom...so a few hundred of us sitting in a room telling the yanks that is pointless unless someone has the money to buy them out
    I disagree.
    If John Nelms replies stating that he will not hold a Q & A then that means he is not interested in the Dundee supporters views and concerns, he is only interested in them handing over their hard earned money.
    Gone are the days when this happens.
    Football is part of the Entertainment Industry and if the product on display is poor people will go elsewhere.
    Championship games are televised live every Friday evening on the new BBC Scotland channel and up to the minute football scores on a Saturday afternoon are televised on TV and the Internet.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,843
    Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Sad fact nowadays that's not quite true...without TV money the game is nothing...agree that people are walking away and until we start winning especially at Dens it'll probably continue...I just don't see what a Q&A session does... we've all got opinions and probably most of them are we need a total revamp from top to bottom...so a few hundred of us sitting in a room telling the yanks that is pointless unless someone has the money to buy them out
    The game is the game whether tv shows it or not just a lesser standard with less money if they don't, they have leagues all over the world without tv money.

    Also I don't think folk will come back after a win or two v alloa, Morton and qos, the last couple of years has totally scunnered folk.

    Q and A rarely achieve much but it's come to a stage with FPS where they have to prove they are listening otherwise fans will just say ok we get it, it's your ba, ****ing keep it

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    2,008
    Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I disagree.
    If John Nelms replies stating that he will not hold a Q & A then that means he is not interested in the Dundee supporters views and concerns, he is only interested in them handing over their hard earned money.
    Gone are the days when this happens.
    Football is part of the Entertainment Industry and if the product on display is poor people will go elsewhere.
    Championship games are televised live every Friday evening on the new BBC Scotland channel and up to the minute football scores on a Saturday afternoon are televised on TV and the Internet.
    Don't disagree re entertainment...but show me a businessman that's not interested in making as much cash as he can and I'll show you a failed businessman... I'm not sure what the answer is but just dont see what a couple of hundred of us in a room with a load of different opinions on how to run the club..pick the team...set a best price etc etc is going to get us out of this

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    12,043
    Nelms will still be listening to McIntyre who will be telling him relegation can still be avoided with 4 wins we all know are not coming. If it's confirmed at Dens, there is an opportunity for a protest, fans staying back after the game, going around to the main stand, occupying the centre circle etc, maybe that would force something from Nelms rather than sending emails.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,291
    Quote Originally Posted by petermackie View Post
    Don't disagree re entertainment...but show me a businessman that's not interested in making as much cash as he can and I'll show you a failed businessman... I'm not sure what the answer is but just dont see what a couple of hundred of us in a room with a load of different opinions on how to run the club..pick the team...set a best price etc etc is going to get us out of this
    You have obviously never heard of a brainstorming session or meeting.
    A meeting with couple of hundred people might result in several good ideas that no one had previously considered.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    9,104
    Quote Originally Posted by shaded View Post
    Due to the way alot of fans have been feeling iv asked the question to the owners if they will be willing to hold a Q+A for ALL fans that would like to attend,as there are many fans diegruntled and indeed disengaged at the moment.

    Personally i see no reason as to why the fans can't be granted one,if i get a reply i will post up
    Good luck with that one Shaded!

    I think D4L/DSA should work along with Mad & TDB to collate a list of questions for the board that can be published. Itís then up to JN if e wants to engage with the fan base or not... but his decision will be public and seen by a majority of fans - I think that would force him to engage

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    19,974
    see if he comes back to me dayster if not then that may be the way forward

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,843
    Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    Good luck with that one Shaded!

    I think D4L/DSA should work along with Mad & TDB to collate a list of questions for the board that can be published. Itís then up to JN if e wants to engage with the fan base or not... but his decision will be public and seen by a majority of fans - I think that would force him to engage
    **** pravda😎

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    9,104
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    **** pravda😎
    I quite like it, much better website and forum layout. Footie Mad killed these boards with crap layout and ridiculous advertisements.

    Although TDB will never be able to replicate the banter you used to get on here in the hey days

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,843
    Quote Originally Posted by dayster View Post
    I quite like it, much better website and forum layout. Footie Mad killed these boards with crap layout and ridiculous advertisements.

    Although TDB will never be able to replicate the banter you used to get on here in the hey days
    Not saying you don't like it but folk that run it ARE lying ****s.....apart from that they are great guys....**** PRAVDA

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    4,515
    Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    folk that run it ARE lying ****s.....
    I hope you've got irrefutable evidence to back that comment up

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    7,843
    Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    I hope you've got irrefutable evidence to back that comment up
    Lol.

    Any opportunity....I'll never miss it whilst I breathe God's air.😎

    Cease and desist.....*******s

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •