+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Good news for next season

Lol!

"Too many "what ifs" there Sinkov."

Is one 'what if' too many 59, you're the one piling the 'what ifs' up, not me, I'm only concerned with the one, and it's a simple question for both you and BT, although for some reason neither of you seem too keen on answering it so far, so I'll try again.

Do you seriously believe that if we had the same board over the last five seasons, but Sean Dyche hadn't been manager, we would now be looking forward to our 4th consecutive season in the PL ?

A simple Yes or No will do, in your own time.
    Last edited by sinkov; 27-04-2019 at 06:57 PM.

My answer would be, as should yours, I don't know.

As I said in post 47 "Sometimes the stars align for you in life, sometimes they don't. No one will ever know where we would be now if Sean hadn't been available. Similarly with Owen Coyle before him."
    So you can ask "what if" Sean hadn't been available Sinkov, but he was - and our board chose him.
    And the way Sean and the board are working together is absolutely perfect for our club."

Sometimes a simple "yes" or "no" won't work Sinkov.

Will it rain on August 12th?

Quote Originally Posted by blueheeler1 View Post
    It seems we have still managed to spend limited money on transferring into Burnley the wrong type of player.
    or perhaps, the wrong type of player Is deemed the right type of player - Heeler.....the idea being, that if Burnley brought in player/s of "quality"....it'd only ask questions , questions that'd call for a change in team and tactics....so when S.D/Burnley rely and thrive on the primitive spread of bread and butter Basics, why look for more - unless ikey to that level of vacuous competence.

I get it - it's a numbingly shallow system.....to liken it to a job - it'd be something akin to sticking stamps on envelopes....it delivers, and thats all there is to it..... .

"The parachute payment we received made very little difference to our turnover and without looking at that year's accounts the financial loss was hardly noticeable,"

You should look at that year's accounts then BT, turnover was down £38m, but the muppets in the boardroom thought it prudent not to let Dyche spend a few million more which would have kept us up. Their prudence cost us our place in the PL and £38m. That was some cost we incurred, and some risk we took, hoping that Dyche would take us back up.

When you have a manager with Dyche's ability the sensible thing is to invest in him, not starve him of funds. Anyway that's my opinion, and £38m flushed down the toilet suggests I might be right.

Quote Originally Posted by 1959_60 View Post
    My answer would be, as should yours, I don't know.

As I said in post 47 "Sometimes the stars align for you in life, sometimes they don't. No one will ever know where we would be now if Sean hadn't been available. Similarly with Owen Coyle before him."
    So you can ask "what if" Sean hadn't been available Sinkov, but he was - and our board chose him.
    And the way Sean and the board are working together is absolutely perfect for our club."

Sometimes a simple "yes" or "no" won't work Sinkov.

Will it rain on August 12th?

So Sean just got lucky, his stars aligned ? FFS 59, I've heard it all now. You think that there was probably a manager out there, maybe even on our shortlist, who could have done what Dyche has done ? Who was he, which PL club is he managing now ? Are you seriously suggesting that any old manager could have done what Dyche has done, with the budgets he's had ? Is it really so easy ? Just get your stars aligned, your ducks in a row, and bob's your uncle, 4 seasons in the PL on next to no money. Easy peasy, anyone could do it.
    Do you normally have a couple of bottles of red on Saturday night ? I know you're a LibDem mon ami, but surely you're not this daft all the time ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    "The parachute payment we received made very little difference to our turnover and without looking at that year's accounts the financial loss was hardly noticeable,"

You should look at that year's accounts then BT, turnover was down £38m, but the muppets in the boardroom thought it prudent not to let Dyche spend a few million more which would have kept us up. Their prudence cost us our place in the PL and £38m. That was some cost we incurred, and some risk we took, hoping that Dyche would take us back up.

When you have a manager with Dyche's ability the sensible thing is to invest in him, not starve him of funds. Anyway that's my opinion, and £38m flushed down the toilet suggests I might be right.
    No-one really knows if we had spent a bob or two if it would have made a difference. We signed Joey Barton, the rest is history.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    No-one really knows if we had spent a bob or two if it would have made a difference. We signed Joey Barton, the rest is history.
    You and me both know BT that Dyche came close to keeping us up even on a pittance, Taylor and Reid, two has-beens both legless after sixty minutes, Reid after thirty if truth be told, a journeyman Championship striker in Juke, who didn't score one single goal in 25 games FFS, and some clown called Sordell who scored in a Cup game at Tottenham, but that apart did little more than run around a bit. No PL goals in 56 PL appearances between them those four, that's what Dyche had to work with, and still we were only five points short of surviving. It's perfectly clear, given what he's achieved since, that if he had been given a bob or two more to spend he would have kept us up no problem.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)