+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wembley and Play off finals

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    It used to be done for the semi finals so I don't see why not. Other London clubs could be used other than Wembley as well now if London teams are involved. Isn't it better to have a full stadium than a half empty stadium.
    Its still all about the 'prestige' of Wembley though isnt it Frogger mate, and whether its in a half full Wembley or not, I think we've all got the rights to play there in a Play off final.

In 1996 we took over 20000 with home gates of less than 3000, last season that total was 15500 on home gates of 9000. It clearly isn't the 'Event' it once was for Rotherham floating fans and I suspect that if we were to repeat the feat again next season, that total would be 12000 or even less.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    I’m not a Wembley fan as such but those last three grounds, Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea are a similar distance and driving to them is a nightmare and pot luck for parking. There’s the new ground thing with Spurs but effectively we’re putting more cash into the Premiership via ground hire.
    Would you really do London by car?

Quote Originally Posted by pip_y View Post
    Would you really do London by car?

Wembley yes, did it for both of our last appearances. Got there easily, parked up next to ground.

Easy

I’ve done street parking about 30 years before it became residents only

I’m no eco warrior and couldn’t give a feck about climate change. But if the FA cared instead of pretending to care they wouldn’t send northern teams there to play in semis or play offs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12