+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Parking close to the ground Saturday?

Parking close to the ground Saturday?

Hi all,

Bringing my dad up from Ipswich this Saturday - just wondering if there is a very close by car park - he cannot walk far at all??

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Klop_009 View Post
    Hi all,

Bringing my dad up from Ipswich this Saturday - just wondering if there is a very close by car park - he cannot walk far at all??

Thanks
    Parking in temporary car parks on Meadow Lane - probably about £5

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Parking in temporary car parks on Meadow Lane - probably about £5
    Thank you, I've only ever been to Meadow Lane once (& that will have been involving alcohol!) and dad hasn't been for many years - he's been panicking that we wont find somewhere close by to park but I really want to drag him up to see Notts just in case he doesn't get to see them play in the league again!

I've taken him to Colchester games, nice and easy for us! It'll be an emotional day for him and everyone else I'd imagine!

Just hoping there's a slim chance results go the right way and a good win on Saturday - will at the very least make our lengthy journey home a lot better :-)

Thanks again

I’m not sure what other clubs are like, but parking for disabled supporters at Notts is terrible. The car park on Meadow Lane is a fair old distance for anyone with limited mobility, and provision is very limited. To book a space, you need to contact the club, and ask for Alice Kelk.

There's a place on Meadow Lane called Tile Giant who offer parking on matchdays for £5, but it's limited so you would need to be there reasonably early. From there it's only about 100 yards walk to the Family Stand turnstiles and 200 yards to the Main Stand.

If he can’t walk far you can pull up outside the ground let him sit on the brick wall around the large tree where folk meet whilst you go and park up across the road in the car parks ? As long as it’s before 2.15pm it won’t be an issue !

Pull up outside the broken wheelbarrow social club, which is under the family stand,get your dad out and ask for Alan one of the doormen.. He's a cracking chap. He'll help your dad in and get him a seat while you park up on the cattle market about 100 yards away.£4.

If you are coming over Trent Bridge veer left along Arkwright Street, straight through the traffic lights, onto Meadows Way, slip road left and immediately on your left is the car park for The Portland Leisure Centre with a great big blue sign-board, £5 or park on the street, pay machine takes credit cards. There are usually spaces there but you will have two busy roads to walk across to get to the Holy Land.

Thanks everyone - looks like there are a few options.

Will bring dad and see you all Saturday - lets hope for a result!

Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    If you are coming over Trent Bridge veer left along Arkwright Street, straight through the traffic lights, onto Meadows Way, slip road left and immediately on your left is the car park for The Portland Leisure Centre with a great big blue sign-board, £5 or park on the street, pay machine takes credit cards. There are usually spaces there but you will have two busy roads to walk across to get to the Holy Land.
    Long walk for your dad at this one I'm afraid