+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Frenchlion

Frenchlion

Have you been watching the classics mate.? I still stand by my thoughts on sagan. Doesn't seem to be on full cylinders at the moment. I also think we will see a different T. D. F this year.

Been in Leyburn for the last week Donny,not a cloud in the sky..wonderful weather for Yarkshire.. Millions of adverts and other stuff etc for the tour de Yawkshire ..Will you be attending if you are around the area.. ? I Think It finishes in Leeds..
    Last edited by alfinyalcabo; 24-04-2019 at 09:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Been in Leyburn for the last week Donny,not a cloud in the sky..wonderful weather for Yarkshire.. Millions of adverts and other stuff etc for the tour de Yawkshire ..Will you be attending if you are around the area.. ? I Think It finishes in Leeds..
    Stage 1 and 2 start in donny and Barnsley I would love to say I'd get up for them but unfortunately my Mrs is realy ill so don't think I will make it. Stage 1and 2 covers a lot of the area I used to do my training. And satge 1 cover the route me and a few mates dona 100 mile ride from donny to Scarborough in September. We ride through the night arriving at Scarborough at about 6 in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by donny tyke View Post
    Stage 1 and 2 start in donny and Barnsley I would love to say I'd get up for them but unfortunately my Mrs is realy ill so don't think I will make it. Stage 1and 2 covers a lot of the area I used to do my training. And satge 1 cover the route me and a few mates dona 100 mile ride from donny to Scarborough in September. We ride through the night arriving at Scarborough at about 6 in the morning.
    Sorry to hear about your Mrs Donny,give her my best wishes on a speedy recovery..

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Sorry to hear about your Mrs Donny,give her my best wishes on a speedy recovery..
    Thanks Alf. Unfortunately we were told Sunday would be her last day. So everyday now is a bonus.

Have you been watching the classics mate.? I still stand by my thoughts on sagan. Doesn't seem to be on full cylinders at the moment. I also think we will see a different T. D. F this year.
    Morning Donny...I wouldn’t dream of missing the classics! A surprise winner of the Tour des Flandres, a fabulous Paris/Roubaix an incredible Amstel Gold race and don’t miss this Sunday’s Liege-Bastogne-Liege!.You are right about Sagan, at the moment he doesn’t seem to have the classic distance in his legs. He abandoned yesterday’s Fleche Wallonne and has now pulled out of Liege Bastogne Liege. I don’t think at 29 he is already over the hill, I just hope for the Tour that he is back to his best.
    As for this year’s TDF I can’t see past a Sky (or Ineos) win. They have 3 cards to play with Froome,Thomas and Bernal and the rest of the team is so strong they can “padlock” the race whenever necessary.
    On a side note, one of my son’s is preparing ”L’étape du Tour,”which if you don’t know, is a stage which is open to 15000 cycling enthusiasts. The route is exactly the same as the TDF with the same security. The roads are closed to all traffic with Police and Gendarmes ensuring the safety of all.This year the stage is Albertville to Val Thorens.It’s not very long...about 130k....but there is approximately 80k of climbing! The cyclists come from all over the world to to take part. About 50% of the riders are from France and about 20% are from the UK. It really is a fantastic weekend. We are now just waiting for the high mountain roads to open to go for a 4/5 day training trip in the alps....hopefully mid/end of May.
    Cheers FL

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Morning Donny...I wouldn’t dream of missing the classics! A surprise winner of the Tour des Flandres, a fabulous Paris/Roubaix an incredible Amstel Gold race and don’t miss this Sunday’s Liege-Bastogne-Liege!.You are right about Sagan, at the moment he doesn’t seem to have the classic distance in his legs. He abandoned yesterday’s Fleche Wallonne and has now pulled out of Liege Bastogne Liege. I don’t think at 29 he is already over the hill, I just hope for the Tour that he is back to his best.
    As for this year’s TDF I can’t see past a Sky (or Ineos) win. They have 3 cards to play with Froome,Thomas and Bernal and the rest of the team is so strong they can “padlock” the race whenever necessary.
    On a side note, one of my son’s is preparing ”L’étape du Tour,”which if you don’t know, is a stage which is open to 15000 cycling enthusiasts. The route is exactly the same as the TDF with the same security. The roads are closed to all traffic with Police and Gendarmes ensuring the safety of all.This year the stage is Albertville to Val Thorens.It’s not very long...about 130k....but there is approximately 80k of climbing! The cyclists come from all over the world to to take part. About 50% of the riders are from France and about 20% are from the UK. It really is a fantastic weekend. We are now just waiting for the high mountain roads to open to go for a 4/5 day training trip in the alps....hopefully mid/end of May.
    Cheers FL
    I do know what the etape is Frenchy. Me and my mates rode the Yorkshire leg when it was over here. Amazind day apart from Cavendish crashing in Harrogate. We rode the other stages also but we did them through the night. Some of the hills were brutal. Would love to go over to France and ride the alps before I'm too old for it

I do know what the etape is Frenchy. Me and my mates rode the Yorkshire leg when it was over here. Amazind day apart from Cavendish crashing in Harrogate. We rode the other stages also but we did them through the night. Some of the hills were brutal. Would love to go over to France and ride the alps before I'm too old for it
    Donny...have a look on YouTube “L’étape du Tour” you will get an idea of the atmosphere of the event, particularly 2017’s edition of Briancon/Col d’Izoard. If ever you manage a cycling trip to the alpes, do not, under any circumstances, miss out on climbing the south face of the Izoard...absolutely fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by frenchlion View Post
    Donny...have a look on YouTube “L’étape du Tour” you will get an idea of the atmosphere of the event, particularly 2017’s edition of Briancon/Col d’Izoard. If ever you manage a cycling trip to the alpes, do not, under any circumstances, miss out on climbing the south face of the Izoard...absolutely fantastic.
    Will do Frenchy. Thank you

Just been out on my new bike,goes really well and cost hardly phook all as well.

Name:  image.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  7.9 KB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast