+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Random meetings with other Dons fans.

Random meetings with other Dons fans.

Just back from a weekend in Prague and met an Aberdeen fan in the pub across the road from my hotel one night. Decent sort from Cullen. He was in Prague on a stag night and i enjoyed swapping stories with him for a bit. Are there any other random and far flung places where any of you guys coincidentally met other Aberdeen fans?

Bangkok Hilton.
    Dandy fae Turra. Luckily he was off the half full mini bus as opposed to the half empty one so our fitba chats didnt further darken the already dark funk id found myself in.

I sat in a bar in Prague last season watching us being sevcos bitches (soulsearching period,) with an elderly dude from Westhilll. That guy could swear. Terrible day but Sparta Prague v Mlada Bolelslav made up for rhe Dons sh@te performance

The Crowne Plaza on Hamdan Street in Abu Dhabi. Nae sure if hes still there but a Dons man runs the bar there. Got many a steaming in there. Would hate to know how much i spent in there over the years

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    I sat in a bar in Prague last season watching us being sevcos bitches (soulsearching period,) with an elderly dude from Westhilll. That guy could swear. Terrible day but Sparta Prague v Mlada Bolelslav made up for rhe Dons sh@te performance
    The guy i met in Prague could swear some too, especially used the c word a lot when referring to Celtic & Rangers/Sevco. Fair enough....

Saturday night n a bar in Okpo South Korea I bumped in to Brian Irvine and had a good blether with him. He was only drinking orange juice. I thought about asking him to speak on the phone to the 2 tims who were down there working with me and just ask them a question. I scored the winning goal in the 1990 Scottish cup final. Who am I ?

Top bloke.

Agree with that Phux.
    When Big Bri was based up here, if you bumped into him and he got wind you were a Dandy you could be there long enough.
    Top bloke.

We met the first black player to play for Aberdeen when we were in Ontario, early 90s. He worked for my uncle.

Can't remember his name but the AFC website had an article on him when he revisited a few years back.

I was in Ibiza as a loon and wore a Parma top one day.
    Across the breakfast hall, I spotted a bloke in a Dons top so headed over to have a chat.
    He saw me and started to come see me.
    He was a Parma fan.

Dons fan wearing Parma top meets Parma fan wearing an Aberdeen top.
    It was pretty surreal.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    I was in Ibiza as a loon and wore a Parma top one day.
    Across the breakfast hall, I spotted a bloke in a Dons top so headed over to have a chat.
    He saw me and started to come see me.
    He was a Parma fan.

Dons fan wearing Parma top meets Parma fan wearing an Aberdeen top.
    It was pretty surreal.
    Probably Aldo stalking you.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast