+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FAO Acido

Well done to both Barnsley and Bury on their promotions...Cool

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Well done to both Barnsley and Bury on their promotions...Cool
    Hey I hadn't said it yet Alf.....That's another bloody good achievement staying in the Prem. That money coming in is making the club a fortune. At the end of the season all that counts is still being in that league. 4th bottom will do nicely. What you don't want (unless you are a top 6 side) is to get into Europe. It really messes with your season, and isn't lucrative enough to care about. Especially for a club your size.

No don't watch them aucks
    Cheltenham is closest to me hence the name robinrover
    My real name is in fact lee.
    I think phill(champs)knows this but nobody else.

I think I've mentioned before that I was Gloucester born-and-bred. You should get along to see Gloucester City occasionally. If you take the family, you will double the crowd!
    Do you follow rugby as well? If so, I can thoroughly recommend Kingsholm. Definitely a unique atmosphere! My dad started taking me when I was three, so I have never shaken the indoctrination. One of the few benefits of Sky TV is that I get to see Gloucester play almost every week.
    Something has just crawled into my memory. One of the few times we went to the football instead of the rugby was a Cup match against Spurs (I think), which I seem to remember Gloucester City winning. This could be "false memory syndrome", and God knows when it was!
    Last edited by AucklandRover; 01-05-2019 at 10:20 PM.

I am a bit of a sports fan in general aucks
    I have been to kingsholm a few times but never to see the football club in Gloucester.
    My love is football of course and the first team I watched live was Blackburn rovers at the tender age of 10 and that was that never looked back.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    No don't watch them aucks
    Cheltenham is closest to me hence the name robinrover
    My real name is in fact lee.
    I think phill(champs)knows this but nobody else.

Lee is a top lad!! I wish I'd met up with him at MK away last season!

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Well done pal, good see you got up. And that's an impressive record!! Considering the sides around you and their relative net spend, you have done brilliantly. You have a great set of young players. I saw you on Sky vrs Walsall and Southend the other month, and you looked decent. You have a number 10 who I feel would be good for us, if we lost Dack...
    Tahh Champs, and yes it feels all the more enjoyable that we've done it ahead of the so called bigger and better clubs like Sunderland & Portsmouth.
    We insist on keeping a young squad because we are a selling club unfortunately, everybody has a price on his head and we dont even sign players who are over 24 anymore. Because they apparently wont have much sell on value if or when they leave, and that for me is a ridiculous way to run a club!.
    Actually I thought we were awful on the day away at Walsall live on Sky, and we were very lucky to have kept in 0-0 up to our winning goal in stoppage time. That was a huge turning point in the season for us I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Hey I hadn't said it yet Alf.....That's another bloody good achievement staying in the Prem. That money coming in is making the club a fortune. At the end of the season all that counts is still being in that league. 4th bottom will do nicely. What you don't want (unless you are a top 6 side) is to get into Europe. It really messes with your season, and isn't lucrative enough to care about. Especially for a club your size.
    What do you mean a club of our side..we are massive ..lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)