+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Abandonments

I also remember going to Hamilton a few years ago at New Year. There was an area about a yard wide at the main stand touchline that was frozen. The ref was all for postponing it when Hamilton came up with the idea of moving the touchline in a yard on either side.

Game went on and I think we won.

I’m still trying to warm up from that St Johnstone game.

Were we there together donunder? I mind us driving from Mounthooly when we used have our pre-match pints at the ..... ?? Was it called the Balgownie Bar? Even though it was near George Street!!??

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    I also remember going to Hamilton a few years ago at New Year. There was an area about a yard wide at the main stand touchline that was frozen. The ref was all for postponing it when Hamilton came up with the idea of moving the touchline in a yard on either side.

Game went on and I think we won.
    Nah, we lost 2-0 in the match with eight corner quadrants and four touchines.

Came up from South Of England twice
    Partick Thistle v Dons ( Scottish Cup Quarter I think ) abandoned at half time due to the snow falling. Two guys with Brooms trying to clear the pitch with no luck at all. I am sure Celtic where also at home the same afternoon and their match was not called off !

Another long trek up to Iprix. Game called off before it even started pitch waterlogged. Dons fans the only ones allowed in to the ground just to keep us off the streets seemed all a bit surreal with no Huns in the stadium
    Funniest thing the Huns players ran out to actually warm down and got absolute dogs abuse from the Dons support and where ushered away from us

Happy days. all part of the fun of being a fan and financially out of pocket.
    Actually, I can think of numerous games over the years either driving up from down South or down the A9 from the North listening to Radio Scotland to only be told the Dons game off. That's why I hate late call offs

Quote Originally Posted by kkong View Post
    Nah, we lost 2-0 in the match with eight corner quadrants and four touchines.

We would have had a red home, white away and black third that season. Why didnt we play in the black

Quote Originally Posted by hulldon View Post
    Were we there together donunder? I mind us driving from Mounthooly when we used have our pre-match pints at the ..... ?? Was it called the Balgownie Bar? Even though it was near George Street!!??
    Yep
    I thought we'd walked - perhaps just back to your motor. I think that incarnation was Kerrys? formerly The Rose Bowl bought up by that guy (Taylor?) that liked to buy bars and name them after his daughters. Whaterver it was fckg baltic

Motherwell at home a couple seasons ago the only 1 i remember

Was there not another home game v St Johnstone abandoned in 93/94? I'm sure i remember a game against them being stopped in the 1st season of RDS? A power failure in our new stand if i remember?

Quote Originally Posted by Onebobbyconnor View Post
    Was there not another home game v St Johnstone abandoned in 93/94? I'm sure i remember a game against them being stopped in the 1st season of RDS? A power failure in our new stand if i remember?
    Kilmarnock, I think it is mentioned earlier... I would've been there but some reason I can't remember anything about that season apart from the games against the deid club

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast