+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Warne on potential Ajayi sale

Warne on potential Ajayi sale

What we get for him will depend on if it is Semi the defender or semi the midfielder that we’re selling. The midfielder is a better player.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    What we get for him will depend on if it is Semi the defender or semi the midfielder that we’re selling. The midfielder is a better player.
    He'll get better as he gets more experience and the better players he's around the better he'll become. I'm with you on him being a midfielder I would like to see him in a back 3 as well with Robertson and Icky.

On the whole, he's gone from a raw talent, to a frustration of him making an expensive mistake per match to a commanding midifielder who topped it off with being the best player in one of the worlds most competetive leagues in the world.

No wonder he's always smiling and positive. He's been great to watch for many, many reasons.

Well in fairness we need the money to buy at least 2 players. We can’t always rely on free transfers and loans.

I have no problem with Ajayi, or any player, being sold. But please, PLEASE, let us get a massive fee. Just for once, let us supporters feel happy with the fee received.

Oh, and get the balance right between the monies received going into the day to dau running of RUFC and a bit of a war chest for a tilt at being a top six Lg1 side next year.

If we could get, say, £5m for ajayi plus vaulks and half of that is given to the recruitment team, £2.5m can do a lot of damage in league 1.

But this is RUFC, we'll sell for £750k each!!

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    I have no problem with Ajayi, or any player, being sold. But please, PLEASE, let us get a massive fee. Just for once, let us supporters feel happy with the fee received.

Oh, and get the balance right between the monies received going into the day to dau running of RUFC and a bit of a war chest for a tilt at being a top six Lg1 side next year.

If we could get, say, £5m for ajayi plus vaulks and half of that is given to the recruitment team, £2.5m can do a lot of damage in league 1.

But this is RUFC, we'll sell for £750k each!!
    Undisclosed just isn't enough for some

I always think back to the sale of Alan Lee and how much the prices were inflated with other clubs knoing what fees we got. On saying that wasn't it reported that over a million was received for him.

The money from the Ward sale is another where the sum was hidden and then uncle Colin let a figure of well over a million out of the bag.

Got to be brutally honest on this subject. If a decent bid comes in that suits all parties then we need to take it.

As much as he has performed better in midfield this season, he is far from the polished article most believe he is.
    His wayward passing, his threepenny bit head shows him for all his flaws and the last three home games have shown him for all his failures.

You can though reflect through the season and some games he has been unplayable and outstanding. The thing is, he has never really maintained the standard we all know he can offer and until he does, I cannot see any club will coming in for him unless they are willing to take a gamble on him.

Whatever the outcome I wish him well with his career wherever he may play.

Cheerio Semi (undisclosed fee) Ajayi it was a pleasure watching you grace the pitch at the NYS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast