+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: right, just to pass the Time until Saturday how many league away clubs have you Done?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

right, just to pass the Time until Saturday how many league away clubs have you Done?

Theres an unofficial group of Hardened Notts County fans, who have traveled up and down the country over the years, supporting your team.
    If your a Everton fan, same division 1955 or Arsenal 1919, you dont stand a chance of achieving our figure.

now its impossible to see your team on every ground, as so many clubs have moved over the decades.

so its Having seen your team Play a Competitive Match on a Football League Opponents ground,
    who at the time were in the four divisions now called Premier, Champions and 1 and 2.
    Friendlys and practice games excluded.

Annoying Im not a member of the exclusive 92 club, that's all the existing league clubs at this moment.

Realistically only the Malcs and Ackos, oh and my mate Neil who travels from Saltburn, have achieved that.

my totals now 89, annoying as we looked doomed, i will not be able to see my team on the three i'm missing.
    ie Burton Albion, Ipswich and Blackburn.
    in total ive ticked off 114 due to clubs like Boston etc once being league but now lost in the depths of the pyramid.

So sound off, Stand up and Be counted, how many have you done if only to shame the players who did not show the same commitment this season.

A rather paltry 20, but in my defence I've been to several grounds several times.

Just counted, Swindon will be 38

I have seen Notts play a competitive match at 44 grounds of current league clubs, plus 4 ex league clubs currently in the Conference National League and 4 currently in the Conference North. Sadly I fear that I shall probably be clocking up National League grounds next season, but, hey, a miracle might happen

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    my totals now 89, annoying as we looked doomed, i will not be able to see my team on the three i'm missing.
    ie Burton Albion, Ipswich and Blackburn.
    Blackburn was one of my very first under my own steam, on a special train sat next to an absolute nutter who wore a white doctor's coat and carried a union Jack. He came back without it. We needed a win under Fenton as we still had realistic top flight promotion prospects but Alan Birchenall committed a needless handball for a penalty at 1-1, and we lost 2-1. I've been since, like when Hunt scored in a 4-3 win. I was also one of the lucky Pies who witnessed Mair's goal at Ipswich. Not done Burton and about 10/15 short of you.

What I have done is some impressive multiples, like Luton, Fulham and Charlton many times over. Luton was awful always, but I like the Valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Blackburn was one of my very first under my own steam, on a special train sat next to an absolute nutter who wore a white doctor's coat and carried a union Jack. He came back without it. We needed a win under Fenton as we still had realistic top flight promotion prospects but Alan Birchenall committed a needless handball for a penalty at 1-1, and we lost 2-1. I've been since, like when Hunt scored in a 4-3 win. I was also one of the lucky Pies who witnessed Mair's goal at Ipswich. Not done Burton and about 10/15 short of you.

What I have done is some impressive multiples, like Luton, Fulham and Charlton many times over. Luton was awful always, but I like the Valley.
    I've bizarrely been to Wycombe and Bristol Rovers multiple times.

I’ve been to see Notts play away to 75 of the current 92 League Clubs plus 11 who are currently in the National League (or NLN or NLS). In quite a lot of cases, it’s their old ground that I went to, not the present one, but in some cases I’ve been to both. And for Bristol Rovers, it’s three - Eastville, Twerton Park and the Memorial Ground.

Can we get a league table drawn up for this? And is it just Notts games or any you've been to?

I've been to about 60 of the current 92, plus between 15 and 20 that are now in non-league.

Including Meadow Lane, I've seen Notts play Rotherham at four different grounds!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast