+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: right, just to pass the Time until Saturday how many league away clubs have you Done?

I’ve seen Notts at 75 of the 92, but most of those were in the late 80s and early 90s so quite a few of the games were at clubs’ old grounds (Roker Park, Ayresome Park, Fellows Park, Gay Meadow, Highbury (Arsenal), White Hart Lane, Ninian Park, Victoria Ground, Upton Park, The Dell, Maine Road, Millmoor, Springfield Park, Baseball Ground, Filbert Street). Then there are those where there have been a few grounds - the Den/New Den; Elm Park/Madjeski Stadium; Bristol Rovers at Twerton Park and the rugby ground; Brighton at the Goldstone Ground, Withdean and Priestfield Stadium. And who can ever forget the joys of Dorchester to see Notts blow a 2-goal lead against Bournemouth.

Also begs the question of which grounds we have yet to play at: Spurs, Arsenal, Cardiff and Brighton. Have we played at Pride Park or the King Power?

1st away game Huddersfield 1-2 Notts FA Cup 1984 aged 10
    1984-1988 the away games mi dad took me to (usually the ones within around 80 miles from Nottm)
    1988- 1993 hardly missed an away match, The Warnock era.
    2009- 2011 took mi son to a good few aways, His favorite memory is the atmosphere in the pub before the 5-1 defeat at fulham.

44 including Meadow Lane, Maracana and the Nou Camp two weeks ago seeing Messi play

41 for me, best of all Super Notts at Leeds.

Around 50 for me, can't be exact as my dad dragged me all over the country as a child and sadly he's not around to confirm exact numbers. That's current League clubs only, and only grounds I've seen Notts at.

Counted a few years back, and was around the 70 mark, but that’s including teams who have been relegated and those who have moved grounds, so a fair bit lower than that now. And of course Wembley, and ’New’ Wembley if we can count the Ladies? My most traveled to is probably Brentford. Don’t know what it is but I adore that ground, and drinking in the Griffin. Sadly, don’t think I’ll ever see it again as their new ground is being built.

Competitive games involving Notts at 65 of the current 92 although quite a few at old grounds in the 80s and 90s.
    Plus a few now non-league, the old Wembley five times and a friendly away to Juventus.
    First away game - a routine 2-0 win (Hooks, Christie) against a team that had recently won back to back European Cups.
    Not a Notts game but one I look back on with pride is an England U21 vs Germany U21 match with two Notts players in the starting line up, one of whom scored. Seems a long time ago now.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    41 for me, best of all Super Notts at Leeds.
    I've seen Notts play on around 50 grounds but I agree watching Notts beat Leeds, this was definitely the best night.
    Best ground I've seen them is Old Trafford and worst view I've had was in the corner of the shallow terracing at Crewe circa 25 years ago.
    I'm looking forward to reacquainting myself with The Shay and with luck a trip to Edgeley Park where I've never been before.

Only 19 but what a 19 ha ha.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast