+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: What Annoys me Is this phrase

What Annoys me Is this phrase

When a Football Club are are Third Bottom, Second Bottom.

I bleeding dislike these phrases immensely as not only do I conjure up a mind picture of a line of 3 arses, or two.
    hanging over a wall, Its rotten Inglish!

I though we had disposed of that sort of crap with the Demise of ITVs Star Soccer and Hugh Johns, with his Corner ball to County, and Blenkinsop takes a second bit of the cherry / even worse when he called it The white Cherry,
    oh the number of TV screens that i have nearly smashed hurling things when he came out with that.

Nowadays i cant Catch a bus or tram without hearing 'the Next Stop is Royal Centre', or 'High School', or 'Market Square'...AGhhhhh! WHAT HAS HAPPENED to the word THE ? Thats a simple T...H...E not difficult
    as in The Royal Centre, or The High School, or The Market Square!
    What school did they go to ? I got CSE grade 5 below secondary standard English (as you can tell)
    But even i say THE.
    I reckon its immigration, The Indians ( no not the commanches sort) do this, and leave THe out.
    and i reckon its that PC diversity crap, creeping in

So now When you hear Second Bottom by the commentator , or your on a bus, or tram, if you wish to preserve the British language,
    scream with me at the radio..,. Wheres the Bluddy THE !

Quote Originally Posted by feeb View Post
    When a Football Club are are Third Bottom, Second Bottom. So now When you hear Second Bottom by the commentator , or your on a bus, or tram, if you wish to preserve the British language,
    scream with me at the radio..,. Wheres the Bluddy THE !
    Sod that. I'd be ecstatic if the term 'third bottom' was used in relation to Notts again this season.

Does front bottom mean top then?