+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it safe?

Is it safe?

Meadow Lane that is.

There has to be a very real possibility of administration if we are relegated and given this could do a Boston Utd and be relegated further.

My recollection is that Meadow Lane is safe provided we don’t drop one below the National League. If we do the City Council have the power to terminate the lease.

Would you trust Councillor Collins to not do this given previous development concepts for the area haven’t shown Meadow Lane?

Given he’s an Fword fan can you imagine his delight moving us to a 5000 stadium at Colwick Park and thus totally screwing any future we might have.

Therefore I’m gravely concerned that Saturday may be our last game at Meadow Lane.

I can't say who it was (mostly because I can't remember their names) but after the 0-0 with Morecambe I went to the VAT with a friend.
    He sat down at a table with relatives and an elderly couple who I later found out were relatives of Hayden Green.
    I mentioned that new owners were looking at moving out of the city centre to a new ground.
    They were very persistent to the fact that Notts won't be leaving ML no matter who is in charge or what division they are in.

I was happy with that answer.

Quote Originally Posted by LEPiePie View Post
    I can't say who it was (mostly because I can't remember their names) but after the 0-0 with Morecambe I went to the VAT with a friend.
    He sat down at a table with relatives and an elderly couple who I later found out were relatives of Hayden Green.
    I mentioned that new owners were looking at moving out of the city centre to a new ground.
    They were very persistent to the fact that Notts won't be leaving ML no matter who is in charge or what division they are in.

I was happy with that answer.
    That is great to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnyt1 View Post
    Meadow Lane that is.

There has to be a very real possibility of administration if we are relegated and given this could do a Boston Utd and be relegated further.

My recollection is that Meadow Lane is safe provided we don’t drop one below the National League. If we do the City Council have the power to terminate the lease.

Would you trust Councillor Collins to not do this given previous development concepts for the area haven’t shown Meadow Lane?

Given he’s an Fword fan can you imagine his delight moving us to a 5000 stadium at Colwick Park and thus totally screwing any future we might have.

Therefore I’m gravely concerned that Saturday may be our last game at Meadow Lane.
    Promotion it is then..

Can't say I'm concerned at all. I renewed my season ticket before the Exeter game and fully expect to occupy my usual seat in August.

Problem is, I think there is far more chance of seeing Gateshead in opposition than Grimsby.

Meadow Lane that is.

Well for a start Collins as finnished with the council. he as a new job so will not be around.

Quote Originally Posted by nay123 View Post
    Well for a start Collins as finnished with the council. he as a new job so will not be around.
    He is also in fact a Watford fan - and regularly watches Notts. Future MP for Nottingham East?

I've seen that fillum, it put me off dentists for life.

Hate to raise this again, but I’m seriously worried about whether we will still have a club on Thursday.

If the SA takeover has collapsed like some suggest we are rolling in the deep.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast