+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Not training at Basford

Not training at Basford

It looks like the deal Notts had with Basford has ended.

New @basfordunitedfootballclub training pitch which was @nottscountyfc training pitch last season, coming on leaps & bounds getting ready for our 1st teams exciting preseason resumption under Ex @officialnffc legend Steve Chettle. One slight problem though when trying too cut, a family of ducks who have made a home & not keen to move.

https://www.facebook.com/basfordunitedfc/
    Last edited by Oldstripy; 31-05-2019 at 06:35 PM.

Oh well back to Meadow Lane then

Quote Originally Posted by Glad2BeAPie View Post
    Oh well back to Meadow Lane then
    Cotgrave M.W. Ground & facilities l have heard good setup, floodlights & facilities are very good, Notts coaching staff have been there several times recently. 😉😉

Trent embankment

Tbf they probably need to be on grass not 4g as last pre season was blamed on training on a hard pitch

Melbourne Park, Aspley Lane?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Tbf they probably need to be on grass not 4g as last pre season was blamed on training on a hard pitch
    Pre season will still be on a hard pitch. 4G has give in it as it’s loaded with bloody rubber pellets. The problem I have with 4G is the impact in joints. When changing direction it is very much immediate, which is probably why I have witnessed a load of knee injuries on it. Where as on grass and particularly a soft surface a change of direction is impossible to be done without a short delay, for example moving in the opposite direction would invoke a slight slip, a more of a slowing down process. 4G in my experience doesn’t have this. The strain on the joints must be massive.
    I still knock about in Vets football, and 4G games have a much longer recovery time for me.

Don't matter what the surface is like notts will still be crap.

Does anyone know why we couldn't train on Boots' ground near Holme Fields?

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    If I remember correctly, we did train on grass pitches last year? There was a heat wave that meant the grass pitches were rock hard and scorched, there were videos of them running on it. I also don't think it was the pitches to blame either, for a Big Sam pupil, Nolan didn't seem bothered about fitness last year

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast