+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Billy McNeill

Billy McNeill

I notice that nothing has been posted on this board regarding the sad passing of Billy McNeill. Dementia is a terrible disease and it was unfortunate that he seemed to have contracted it before becoming our manager. Despite this, he was a giant of the Scottish game and a true Celtic legend and that is how he should be remembered. RIP Billy. Black arm bands to be worn at the weekend.

Nothing on the Celtic forum either, these boards are diminishing by the year. If memory serves he was with us less than a season leading up to relegation but clearly a Celtic legend - RIP.

Dementia is horrible, my Mother-In-Law has it and is now entirely dependent on my Father-In-Law who himself has Parkinsons & is no spring chicken. He has been fantastic in his care and devotion, it takes up every waking moment he has in him which has vastly diminished his time in the company of others. So very sad to see.

I think no one has mentioned because eveyone is scared of it, Dementia that is. Everyone knows someone who is either suffering with it or has died from it, my Mother had it and it swept her away!
    Dont think football wise he will go down in history at VP as we were relegated under him. I think he is still the only Manager to boss 2 teams in one season and help relegate both, the other being Man Citeh in the days before the big bucks.
    Sad news but we as a club are losing many people associated with us.
    RIP All of them.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)