+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we staying up? Yes/no

No, Macclesfield will get the required 4 points from their last 2 games and our results will therefore be irrelevant.

However, our last two matches will both finish as draws, including some time-wasting to play for the point away at Swindon even though it relegates us. Ardley's post-match interview will praise the lads for getting a decent result and 'respecting the point'.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    No, Macclesfield will get the required 4 points from their last 2 games and our results will therefore be irrelevant.

However, our last two matches will both finish as draws, including some time-wasting to play for the point away at Swindon even though it relegates us. Ardley's post-match interview will praise the lads for getting a decent result and 'respecting the point'.
    That would seem to be the most likely outcome in my view too.

However, on the basis that I still can't contemplate us dropping out of the FL, I am clinging to the forlorn hope that we win both games and survive - the other altenative is far too dire to face up to, even tho' it has looked inevitable for months.

We will be given hope by beating Grimsby tomorrow. Turn up mob handed to Swindon, in full voice with hopeful excitement. Only to limply go down 3-0 with a Crewesque performormance. These players have been constantly letting us down all season, I really cant see it changing now.
    Mind you, stranger things have happened.

Football is a strange, strange game and there have been all sorts of 'miraculous', last day escapes!

Who can forget on-loan goalkeeper, Jimmy Glass's injury time goal that kept Carlisle up? And then there is Neil Ardley's Wimbledon for example:

QUOTE from Wikipedia (NOT written by Neil Ardley!!).

"Wimbledon were in 23rd place going into the last match of the season with only Aldershot Town below them, however a 2–1 win at home to mid table Fleetwood Town saw Ardley lead Wimbledon to safety instead, sending Barnet down. Remarkably, Wimbledon jumped 3 places and finished in 20th (53 points; -22 GD), despite having the worst goal difference in the league."

Alas I feel we won't make the last day scenario, (al a Gillingham) and that relegation will be confirmed on Saturday. Frankly we deserve it.

I predict very, very ugly scenes at the final whistle. The horde of Grimsby fans, invading on Saturday, are absolutely creaming themselves with the thought of witnessing what happened to them, at the end of the Munto-Con season.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunce View Post
    We will be given hope by beating Grimsby tomorrow. Turn up mob handed to Swindon, in full voice with hopeful excitement. Only to limply go down 3-0 with a Crewesque performormance. These players have been constantly letting us down all season, I really cant see it changing now.
    Mind you, stranger things have happened.
    Yeah, stranger things have happened, like Notts going from promotion favourites to relegation candidates in the space of a few months.

No, but would love to be proved wrong

So from those who managed a definitive answer, that's 9 Yes and 31 No.

Just accept that we are going down and if: (a big IF) a miracle does happen (and I am truly wishing for that) then we can all be ecstatic with joy and wonder and will see the world in a much better light than ever before and start believing that the worm has turned - the curse has gone and next season we will be promoted as L2 Champions - but as I say, just accept that we are going down so as not to be disappointed. Amen

Everything we're hearing (and not hearing) from within the club suggests they are very much resigned to the drop. There's no genuine desire to get out of it.

My head and heart are at loggerheads.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast