+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: John Stead - should have kept Nolan

John Stead - should have kept Nolan

I'm sure he does think that. It's only by being one of Nolan's mates that he got a new contract, and no doubt a decent paying one at that.

He’s probably right in that it couldn’t have gone much worse. I don’t suppose we spent half a million quid on players to be a bit better than bottom of the table though.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'm sure he does think that. It's only by being one of Nolan's mates that he got a new contract, and no doubt a decent paying one at that.
    Stead should have been let go 2 seasons ago.

Stead Nolan = buddies

Quite a stupid thing to come out with at this critical time. Stead should keep quiet and concentrate on playing football and at least appear loyal. Overpaid, too slow.

Stead knows he’s leaving so why not speak honestly.

Maybe he has a point.

so in summary Nolan would've kept us up although at the same time it isn't the fault of the next 2 managers and the players haven't played as well as the season when we finished a lot higher. Great insight

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    It's only by being one of Nolan's mates that he got a new contract, and no doubt a decent paying one at that.
    His contract was extended after playing a certain amount of games, (ala Elliott Ward), nothing to do with being Nolan's mate unless you mean the season before but considering before this season Stead gave us 17, 19 and 18 goals (including assists) I think he was a good signing for those seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post

Extremely bad timing.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast